Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
The biggest concern for me is updating. I noticed lots of disk activity during update. Seemed like it scanned the whole database to determine what to update. And it did this every single time?!

I have ssd and it did not cause slowdown but still...

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
So I had database 29. December 2016

Started VM and after some minutes, BD began updating.
At first, the disk usage was quite high for ~20 seconds (Samsung 850 Evo, 250GB)
BDF.PNG

Then it started downloading and remained ~1MB/sec write/read
BDF2.PNG

Finally, while installing? it juped back to 10's of MB/s (for around 15 seconds again)
BDF3.PNG

Conclusion: They surely should improve it in some way. CPU usage during all that time was around 50% too (2 core). I wonder what a normal HDD would do in such case...
Of course this is huge database update (12+ days), but I see it more or less with every update.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Wonder how this does compared to Avast free

I dont remember exact RAM usage, but I noticed my system was a bit slower when I had Avast Free installed some time ago.
I had Behaviour Shield activated though, which Bitdefender doesnt have.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.