Bitdefender Antivirus Free Final released for Windows

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
If voodooshield is installed first can Bitdefender free be installed without that compatibility warning would anyone know ? Thks

Reactions: RXZ6Q

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If voodooshield is installed first can Bitdefender free be installed without that compatibility warning would anyone know ? Thks

You have to enable install/learn mode in VS when installing BD. There should be no problems, but the only way to make sure is installing BD before VS :)

Reactions: blueblackwow65

Brodyaga

Level 22
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 25, 2014
First install Bitdefender free, then Voodooshield and do the training

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Reactions: Janl1992l and Kuttz

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Today another update to build 1.0.7.18

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I tried a few weeks ago to use Bitdefender Free, and I tried to do a full system scan with it. About half way through the scan it quit and poof it was gone from my system tray. Anyone else experience this from Bitdefender Free?

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
It's getting better and better than the first released version (for windows 10). Delay issues has been fixed and self-learning works great as well. The only thing I found uncomfortable is the scanning speed expecially the demand scan. When I'd like to scan a folder, BD did it way too slower than other AVs but resource usage when scanning is pretty the same.

Reactions: Syafiq

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Here on my daughters computer no reboot needed, easy update to 1.0.9.19

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.