Bitdefender Antivirus Free Final released for Windows

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Might as well use the 6 mth trial BIS 2019 instead of this they take about the same resources bit BIS does more ,from my testing anyways

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
BDfree1361.png

1.0.13.61 updated just around 15 minutes ago.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
First day with bitdefender, it seems machine learning is pretty decent. It wont scan same files continuous wich makes it very light

Only thing scares me is bitdefender total security always ending infected on malwarehub.
But when i see panda + nvt results i have nothing to worry about having sh + bitdefender (y)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
First day with bitdefender, it seems machine learning is pretty decent. It wont scan same files continuous wich makes it very light

Only thing scares me is bitdefender total security always ending infected on malwarehub.
But when i see panda + nvt results i have nothing to worry about having sh + bitdefender (y)
it's different. Panda in the hub is paid panda with application control ~ smartscreen ~ avast's hardened mode

BD free/paid is only default-allow with no reputation-base protection

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Still don't know why Bitdefender products are sooo very heavy ,and buggy.Even a small program free like this takes almost 200 megs ram ,and it also seems heavy while just doing work on desktop.
For me its opposite, as light as any other av. There isnt even anything to configurate, so you cant go wrong with it

Install & forget

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.