Advice Request Bitdefender blocking Fortinet Corporative VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
My wife needs to access her corporative VPN using Forticlient. If she turns off Bitdefender's Firewall it works with no problems. With the Firewall on she can ping the machines but not access any network share.

The logs show nothing being blocked and many Forticlient components are allowed full bidirectional network access in the firewall rules. Any ideas? It would be much better if she didn't have to turn off the Firewall to access the VPN.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Glad it worked for you. I have experienced many issues when I was using BD. I could not print wirelessly and I could not access my network drive and the issues were caused by BD’s firewall.

It has greatly improved. It isn't even crashing apps anymore for trying to save to the documents folder :) But this was puzzling me for the lack of anything in the reports. I basically had to tell the firewall the outsider was a nice guy and he was allowed to speak to me :)

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
It has greatly improved. It isn't even crashing apps anymore for trying to save to the documents folder :) But this was puzzling me. for the lack of anything in the reports. I basically had to tell the firewall the outsider was a nice guy and he was allowed to speak to me :)
Bitdefender firewall is very aggressive.

I noticed one thing: When using Bitdefender, it blocks Windows delivery optimization between home network PCs by default.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.