Bitdefender Free AV 1.0.21.1099 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
RE: Bitdefender free av 1.0.18.1069

Was this version downloaded or did it upgrade itself? because there is no info anywhere about this version.

Thanks. :D

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013

Updated itself :) I hope it isnt just my version

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

v.1.0.18.1069 just appeared on DownloadCrew today without any changelogs and the changelogs are still not posted on their forums either.

I don't believe they care about the free version anymore. Their support forum is completely useless.

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013

I Posted the same topic on their forums....still no respond but the number of ppl viewing it everyday is increasing. It is suspicious from their side to avoid posting such important things.
Actually i think that the last update to bd free showed that they got some interest in it but they lack dedication in areas such: promotion and building stable community.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013

Is it true that this and other Bitdefender products delete their detections without allowing user discretion? some programs do that, and it's an unacceptable feature to me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

What was the previous version number, if it's a minor increase then it can be safe to assume they're bug fixes.

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013

Earth said:
What was the previous version number, if it's a minor increase then it can be safe to assume they're bug fixes.

I think It was 1.0.18.1047 v.

Bitdefender free is kind of full automatic product so it disinfect files if its possible or quarantine them and you can always restore quarantined files using "logs" -> threat control and there shall be some icons for restoring.
Dont know how it is with disinfected files.

Here it is guys :

"Hello,

A new product has been released with the following details:

Date: 07.19.2013

Affected software:

- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

Localization: en-US & ro-RO;

Version: 1.0.18.1071;

Platform: x86, x64

Updates + fixes:

Message appears every day even if it's read by the user;

Size: ~2 MB

Update method: Automatically by Live Update module"

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Neowin reports v1.0.18.1071 released
http://www.neowin.net/news/bitdefender-antivirus-free-edition-10181071

See post above.

dwarfin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013

I just looked into logs and i see this :

"Bitdefender has performed a product update.
The product version is now 1.0.20.1083"

No changelog informations anywhere at the moment ...

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013

Hi!

Build 1.0.20.1083 changes include:

- fixed Refresh time issues in ThreatControl
- fixed Access denied for read-only items when trying to Delete all quarantined files
- Exclude false positives after Quarantine auto-scan
- Keep blocking of infected mail archives after Quarantine auto-scan
- Compatibility with Outpost Firewall Pro 8.1 (fixed slow boot)
- Compatibility with Windows 8.1

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40736&st=0&p=196251&#entry196251

Have a nice day!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bitdefender Free AV Build 1.0.21.1099

No changelog posted.

Check for updates: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40736&view=getlastpost

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
d3dlj56dbw.jpg

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
BD customer support may finally be here, but it's gonna cost.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-bitdefender-service-connects-elite-engineers-to-customers-for-one-on-one-problem-solving-228914071.html

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
aztony said:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-bitdefender-service-connects-elite-engineers-to-customers-for-one-on-one-problem-solving-228914071.html

So they expect customers to have an active paid subscription of their products plus another $39.99 for the support. :lol

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Littlebits said:
aztony said:

So they expect customers to have an active paid subscription of their products plus another $39.99 for the support. :lol

Who says Romanians aren't Capitalists?!

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Littlebits said:
aztony said:

It's a complete joke isn't it. Bitdefender are going to be the masters of their own downfall.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
aztony said:
Littlebits said:
aztony said:

Who says Romanians aren't Capitalists?!

I'm still waiting for BitDefender to came right out and tell the truth.

Code:
"Dear BitDefender users, in order to be able to pay the AV testing sites to make sure we stay at the top of the charts and our advertising partners to post fake reviews on the web, we will now have to charge for customer support."

One true fact about BitDefender, the first review site that it came out on top was TopTenReviews while still receiving low scores from testing sites, then all at once it starting appearing on the top of all testing sites and other review sites.

So the question still remains did BitDefender just magically improve that much in a short time period or did they just hand over money and buy their way to the top?

Enjoy!! :D

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Littlebits wrote:
I'm still waiting for BitDefender to came right out and tell the truth.

Code:
"Dear BitDefender users, in order to be able to pay the AV testing sites to make sure we stay at the top of the charts and our advertising partners to post fake reviews on the web, we will now have to charge for customer support."

One true fact about BitDefender, the first review site that it came out on top was TopTenReviews while still receiving low scores from testing sites, then all at once it starting appearing on the top of all testing sites and other review sites.

So the question still remains did BitDefender just magically improve that much in a short time period or did they just hand over money and buy their way to the top?
It does make one wonder. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that 'code speak' does turn out to be reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.