Bitdefender Free Edition 2014 - Worth installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
Any opinions about Bitdefender Free Edition 2014?
Is it worth installing?

Mod Edit: Moved to Bitdefender subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
The free version is very light.

However, it is buggy, lacks features other free AVs have and has very slow scanning. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want free solutions, avast! or Avira will serve you well. If you want to stay with BD, than try their IS.

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Better free advantages you have. Go and try Avira or Avast.
I used Bitd.. Free and I left it. You will be regret if you choose it.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Hasn't been updated in 6 months. I wouldn't touch it. Like everyone has said there are better free alternatives.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
For me its one of the beste free antiviruses avaiable. Its just perfekt for a user who just know nothing and he cant make anything wrong with bd free. and it isnt dead. the detection rate is the same as paid versions. they just didnt released a programm update for abit but that didnt mean its dead. The sub forum for bitdefender free still exist and bd free still gets signatur updates every hour or 2. im using it on 3 pcs without any bugs. running smoth over 6 month alrdy.

M

MalwareT

I usually dont recommend BitDefender Free because of it's user interface,slow scanning and little bit hard to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.