I remember you were using ESET Endpoint products at your work. Are you guys planning to move to a different solution now?Thank you for this. I am just starting a trial with it at work here. Not digging the console at all so far.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I remember you were using ESET Endpoint products at your work. Are you guys planning to move to a different solution now?Thank you for this. I am just starting a trial with it at work here. Not digging the console at all so far.
I remember you were using ESET Endpoint products at your work. Are you guys planning to move to a different solution now?
I see. I'm really not the person to talk about Endpoint Products but I have tried a few on my personal PC.Correct on both accounts. Sadly I do not have a lot of time to dedicate to proper testing. I am also open to alternative products. Crowdstrike was one until last Friday happened. Anything else that I should be looking at?
I am running Checkpoint Harmony and ESET endpoints on a small business environment for a close friend of mine. So take my experience with a grain of sand. We are testing both. He has only a 50 seat environment so 25 are on Checkpoint and 25 are on ESET.I remember you were using ESET Endpoint products at your work. Are you guys planning to move to a different solution now?
Thanks for sharing your experience here. Much appreciated.I am running Checkpoint Harmony and ESET endpoints on a small business environment for a close friend of mine. So take my experience with a grain of sand. We are testing both. He has only a 50 seat environment so 25 are on Checkpoint and 25 are on ESET.
Both UIs take about 30 min to get used to and then you arrive at about 75% competency. The extra time spent is just fine tuning to their specific environments and needs (once you get everything going). ESET I found both their endpoint admin UI and their client user performance to be a lot snappier than checkpoint.
Checkpoint takes some time between switching blades or applying settings. But than again you won't be doing that everyday.
Also checkpoint takes some time to pull up the attack chain in order to conduct root cause analysis. It's ok if you are dealing with a single infection type across one or two PCs.
It becomes tedious it you have dozens of infections and some of them being different. I can see the lag becoming an issue. But for a 50 seat environment it's quite manageable. I could not imagine using this for my work where we have few thousand users across many departments and with different rights. Nightmare.
As per detection. Well so far it's been all quiet on the western front.
From personal single user perspective on a gaming machine; checkpoint got few false positives recently (which was weird since it's been quiet for 1.5 years) and it missed 1 trojan downloader that ESET caught.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes