BitDefender Internet Security 2016. Do I also need MalwareBytes Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

@Lukajlo

It is unnecessary to combine two real-time security solutions together. Doing so will needlessly over-consume system resources - plus - not protect your system significantly better.

On-demand, free Malwarebytes is sufficient.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That would he a resounding NOOOooooo :)
Seriously though, BD is a resource hog in and of itself, I used it for 3yrs straight, and as a gamer I am glad I moved on.
It's great protection dont get me wrong but in my search for the best protection with minimal impact, BD could not be part of that equasion .. PeAcE

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes Pro?

Do you mean Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium or Malwarebytes AntiExploit Premium?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
If you wanna a second opinion scanner, then I can suggest you to get those portable version. E.g. Zemana Free, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser, etc. Those can be installed and use on-demand even from thumbdrive.

Bitdefender by itself is a very complete security solution but at a cost of high resource usage. If you were to add-on another real-time secondary scanner, I'm afraid it'll have a significant impact on your system performance.

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
If you wanna a second opinion scanner, then I can suggest you to get those portable version. E.g. Zemana Free, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser, etc.

Which one is the best?

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Well, I tested bitdefender for some time in the past, and I noticed that his protection against PUPs and adware is not one of the best. Bitdefender + malwarebytes means a really Good protection against malware provided by BD signatures, active threat control and anti-ransomware and a Good one against adware. This is one of My favorite security combos which I would recommend, although I don't know which would be the impact on the system in terms of slowdown. It's up to you if using the Premium or Free version, but I have a little recommendation for you: let Bitdefender HIPS on permissive (deault settings), because if you turn them up on normal or aggressive, they will conflict with malwarebytes (If you are installing it with HIPS on normal or aggressive mode, the installation process will be killed. Someone also wasn't able to update malwarebytes signatures with HIPS on normal or aggressive) and also cause problems to lots of other programs

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I noticed that his protection against PUPs and adware is not one of the best.
Not a lot of them either, perhaps Unchecky could be a better solution - link below.

@Lukajlo Take a look at How to Avoid Junkware Offers with Unchecky (Download: Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear)

Here are the ATC (IDS) settings in Bitdefender
J6kKAID.png

(Source: Softpedia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.