Advice Request Bitdefender Internet Security Quick Scan Issue

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2017
Hello to all from a new user,

Two weeks ago, Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 automatically updated into version 2018. Ever since, when i perform a quick scan, it takes more than 7 minutes to complete it. In 2017 version, a quick scan required no more than 44-45 seconds to complete. Every time i perform a quick scan, i immediately get the green sign verification that system is OK in seconds, but it keeps scanning the folder c\windows\assembly\nativeimages_v4.0.30319_32... every time, same thing happens. I tried to reinstall the application but no luck, quick scan every time takes up to 7 minutes...

Anyone has an idea what is it about or experienced same problem?

BIS2018.jpg

Reactions: JB007 and XhenEd

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I have used a trial of BD-IS 2018 and no problems with scans. Do you have a SSD or HDD?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
your hdd is without any problems or errors? pls check with hdd health or similiar program.
your windows file system is without any problems or errors? pls check with "sfc /scannow"

a second opinion scanner works fine or with the same result?

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @Jester
Same problem for me:(
SSD disk here.
HitmanPro did not detect anything.

Jester

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2017
your hdd is without any problems or errors? pls check with hdd health or similiar program.
your windows file system is without any problems or errors? pls check with "sfc /scannow"

a second opinion scanner works fine or with the same result?

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations...

Reactions: JB007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.