Bitdefender Safe Files feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Hello! My ISP offers Bitdefender 2018 for as little as 10$ so I decided to try the new version of 2018. I tried to Install Revo Uninstaller and here is the surprise! Bitdefender blocks the setup and gives me a notification saying that the setup is trying to modify a file in one of my protected folders.
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png

This is ridiculous. Bitdefender should decide whether this program should be allowed or blocked not block every single one. Please tell me what you think and should I disable this feature or is there anything I can do to configure it in a better way? Thank you

Hello! My ISP offers Bitdefender 2018 for as little as 10$ so I decided to try the new version of 2018. I tried to Install Revo Uninstaller and here is the surprise! Bitdefender blocks the setup and gives me a notification saying that the setup is trying to modify a file in one of my protected folders.View attachment 163430 View attachment 163431
This is ridiculous. Bitdefender should decide whether this program should be allowed or blocked not block every single one. Please tell me what you think and should I disable this feature or is there anything I can do to configure it in a better way? Thank you

Error code 8007005 usually means the user has insufficient privileges or "Access is Denied." It you get no help here, then your best option is to open a support request with Bitdefender or search the Bitdefender forum for similar reports.

Try disabling Bitdefender and then installing Revo.

Last edited by a moderator:

iAwake

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Error code 8007005 usually means the user has insufficient privileges or "Access is Denied." It you get no help here, then your best option is to open a support request with Bitdefender or search the Bitdefender forum for similar reports.

Try disabling Bitdefender and then installing Revo.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes that was what I did. I had disabled Safe Files feature and then was able to install revo. The problem is Bitdefender should have improved this feature to avoid catching legitimate software.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes that was what I did. I had disabled Safe Files feature and then was able to install revo. The problem is Bitdefender should have improved this feature to avoid catching legitimate software.

You have images of the problem so submit a bug report via their support. Theoretically making a bug report will help others who face the same thing.

Reactions: iAwake
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.