DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
when navigating some folder by clicking first character of their name windows explorer is crashing and it take while to revert to healthy state. I noticed that when Bitdefender shield service is running
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
restarting explorer exe many time the problem still repeating only solved when disabling Bitdefender shield
i added windows explorer to on-access scan exclusions the problem got worse
Hi Gents
i am using Bitdefender total security 2021 for a while and i am facing some problem that i am not able to solve
Edit 1 : i just remembered hat when starting my machine some script such as cmd or PowerShell flashing but it disappear very quickly so i suspect something is running in background now i inspected the logs and found these events which are a lot and almost everyday is it normal
Edit 2 : i disabled PowerShell module 2 which is used for compatibility purposes. turned it of from windows features
1636840832131.png

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
One of the first thing to do is to uninstall using their official tool and reinstall to check if the issue still persist.
Doesnot solve the problem
when i disabled Powershell application via group policy. problem disappeared until now that's odd
i added powershell to disallowed application using gpo settings explained here : How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.