Bitdefender testresults

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Hello

The last couple of days I tested Bitdefender Total Security. It has a lot of features and options. The firewall is weak and logging is terrible. The main service uses between 200 and 300 MB RAM and a low CPU usage. So far I had no issues with Bitdefender.

I tested it against various malware samples, phishing and malware links. The results are good except the detecting of malware links.

Percentage blocked
Malware links50%
Phishing links (952)84.47%
Samples January (67)92.98%
Samples February (20)100%
Samples March (40)87.50%

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I have BTS as the main defense on my Notebook, but also SWH & Voodoo-Shield on my system(latest W 10)+a couple of good on-demand scanners(Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool+HitmanPro & RogueKiller, but in general I am very happy with Bitdefender & the Security it provides. :) ;)

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello

The last couple of days I tested Bitdefender Total Security. It has a lot of features and options. The firewall is weak and logging is terrible. The main service uses between 200 and 300 MB RAM and a low CPU usage. So far I had no issues with Bitdefender.

I tested it against various malware samples, phishing and malware links. The results are good except the detecting of malware links.

Percentage blocked
Malware links50%
Phishing links (952)84.47%
Samples January (67)92.98%
Samples February (20)100%
Samples March (40)87.50%

May i suggest a test? Compare the protection with and without Bitdefender trafficlight. I had the impression it may have some differences, despite Bitdefender denies it

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You don't need Traffic Light if Bitdefender is installed.

Some Tests have shown differently. I can’t for the life of me figure out why it would be different. Unless when tests like this are done they use the same links and they are added between the first and second test.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.