App Review Bitdefender Total Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra
G

Guilhermesene

I indicated it above :) (it's even written in the email I received, but I won't put the capture, there's some personal info)
Sorry @Shadowra, I didn't notice that, my bad 👍
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guilhermesene

I have something to say. It seems to me that in this test Bitdefender gets a mediocre result, but what bothers me the most is the ram consumption.
I have been testing products for example Avast consumes around 330 - 350mb, Bitdefender 450, and sometimes more than 500mb, which is excessive.
Kaspersky consumes 130mb and less than that, Norton consumes over 100mb and when in silent mode 40mb.
Greetings and thanks for the test :3
I understand what you mean and agree. However, looking at the positive side Bitdefender uses almost no CPU, while Kaspersky uses a lot of CPU
I'm not defending Bitdefender, just pointing out another perspective 🙂

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I registered on this forum specifically to reply to this post, the most disgusting thing and fanaticism displayed in this thread is supporting a massive organisation like Bitdefender which is bullying and getting shadwora's video deleted and later his second account will also be deleted/banned just like they got his first youtube account deleted/banned.
LOL, it seems you registered in vane, since there's no argument whatsoever in my post which supports BitDefender's action on taking Shadow's video down. All I said was "there's so much hate towards BitDefender" since everybody is attacking the company and saying it's so bad because it failed one test, which is nonsense. I'm sorry I made you create an account. Next account you may create is "RoboMan fanboy". :D

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I understand what you mean and agree. However, looking at the positive side Bitdefender uses almost no CPU, while Kaspersky uses a lot of CPU
I'm not defending Bitdefender, just pointing out another perspective 🙂

Bitdefender uses Photom technology that adapts to the system.
This is a good idea, even if Bitdefender remains rather heavy. :/

Kaspersky on the other hand has made a lot of effort on optimization.
Just stay on some games where it can consume (I had the experience when I tried it on my personal pc)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
You are a Bitdefender fanboy, your post proves that, instead of supporting a fellow forum member who is going to get his second youtube channel banned by Bitdefender you were more worried about so called "hate" against a big conglomerate.

The very concept of a company worth hundreds of millions of dollars getting harmed by the so called "hate" by a few forum posters is an oxymoron concept, but that very same unethical company has the power to destroy the very digital footprint of a normal person as evidenced by the deletion of videos and banning of accounts by Bitdefender towards shadowra. Why don't you request the admins to change your username to "Bitdefender fanboy" :)
Fun fact: this isn't the first video that Shadow gets deleted. I guess that makes me a fanboy of several security companies? Your point just got destroyed. Plus, if I didn't support Shadow, why do I post on her wall thanking her for all the work? You can now delete your account and go back into the shadows.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Calm down guys :)

It's useless to get angry, even if you defend my work (and I thank you for it), and the antivirus :)

Regarding the reports, I reassure you, I live it very well. We can't please everybody, especially the editors.
After I can understand Bitdefender, I was quite violent in my criticism, even if I would have liked them to come in DM (Bitdefender, my door is open, we love you <3 )

Concerning my channel, I had a warning, I didn't have big restrictions (I can't launch live streaming, but since I don't do it, it's not serious) but if there is no more video until the end of the week, it's my own initiative ;) (because the time I digest, and also because I'm busy IRL, work is important :D )

Chill guys ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.