Expired Bitdefender Total Security for 6 months.

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-bitdefender-total-security-100-discount
Event start
Jul 14, 2021
Event end
Jul 15, 2021
How to get a license
As usual install before the Giveaway ends.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You don't really need to go to that page. That page only wants you to create an account with them then redirect to the already known german giveaway page which is this one.
Ressourcenschonende Sicherheit, die Bedrohungen keine Chance lässt
So one can simply go here directly instead of going through the sharewareonsale page.
But of course thanks for sharing. It should be useful for some users.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
You don't really need to go to that page. That page only wants you to create an account with them then redirect to the already known german giveaway page which is this one.
Ressourcenschonende Sicherheit, die Bedrohungen keine Chance lässt
So one can simply go here directly instead of going through the sharewareonsale page.
But of course thanks for sharing. It should be useful for some users.

No you do not have to create an account with them. Just click on the download button, and on the next screen just click on "I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!" and then use a email address. :) ( Must be a legit one I think. )

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
No you do not have to create an account with them. Just click on the download button, and on the next screen just click on "I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!" and then use a email address. :) ( Must be a legit one I think. )
Actually even that's not necessary. Just go to the link I provided above and you'll directly go to the 180 day trial page without having to go through shareonsale. I got a 6 months license from the page around 4 months ago.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Actually even that's not necessary. Just go to the link I provided above and you'll directly go to the 180 day trial page without having to go through shareonsale. I got a 6 months license from the page around 4 months ago.

I see, your link takes away having to download shareonsales download program, so that is good indeed. :)

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
For SOS site you don't even need any email address, just put anything that looks like an email address , like abcd@abcd.com :D

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Use a different email this time. There are many temporary email services available out there.

What has that to do with reinstallation of the program?
An install based on the offer and then uninstalling it so to have a valid licens available for eventual future use.

Reactions: KonradPL

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
What has that to do with reinstallation of the program?
An install based on the offer and then uninstalling it so to have a valid licens available for eventual future use.
I thought you meant, you're already using it and wanted to if you will be able to use this free offer again.
I think you don't need to reinstall it. Just delete the device from Bitdefender central and on the product switch account to the id where you have a valid Bitdefender trial/paid license. I have not tried this yet but some people told me this is possible. No reinstallation is required. Switching accounts does the job.

Reactions: JB007 and Morro

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Is it really this much! After installation i had 3gb`s more?! I ran the optimizer and it removed 1gb, on a newly cleaned Os. Cleaned with super duper cleaners that does not leave 1gb untouched. NOT A CHANCE!

So, is it really a 2gb installation?

Reactions: KonradPL

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Is it really this much! After installation i had 3gb`s more?! I ran the optimizer and it removed 1gb, on a newly cleaned Os. Cleaned with super duper cleaners that does not leave 1gb untouched. NOT A CHANCE!

yea anti virus are big due to their virus definitions on your hard drive.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
yea anti virus are big due to their virus definitions on your hard I can think of a lot of other Av`s that is far less in size when installed

Nix, i can think of a lot of Av`s that ain`t that big. This is a BD attribute and maybe, probably, some others.

But anyhow, the size really surprised me. 3gb - wow! And after updating it it got fresh definitions and could remove 1gb old stuff.
I guess this is why BD is as good as it is.

Is it this large for anyone else that has installed this "giveaway"?

Reactions: zoran popovic

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Nix, i can think of a lot of Av`s that ain`t that big. This is a BD attribute and maybe, probably, some others.

But anyhow, the size really surprised me. 3gb - wow! And after updating it it got fresh definitions and could remove 1gb old stuff.
I guess this is why BD is as good as it is.

Is it this large for anyone else that has installed this "giveaway"?
I used BD before 2 gb for me.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

About 2 GB not 3 GB for me. A bit less than 2 GB. Bitdefender's engine and signature are larger compared to some other products I think and they also like to keep 100% of the signature locally on the system as soon as they can while some other products approach a cloud+local signature keeping method.
Also, you installed the total security variant which has some extra bloatware that takes up some space too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.