App Review Bitdefender Total Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
bitdefender performed well, but three responses to your video say they will not use bitdefender because your test shows it is not good

I never said it is not good.
People know that no antivirus protects 100%. Whether it is Bitdefender, Norton and co...
It has weaknesses, but all antivirus have them...

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I never said it is not good.
People know that no antivirus protects 100%. Whether it is Bitdefender, Norton and co...
It has weaknesses, but all antivirus have them...
you did not say bitdefender is no good, others here say it is no good because they interpret the test results as bad despit your characterization of bitdefender as good
bitdefender is a good av

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Excellent test as ever @Shadowra 👍😍
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eons ago -- shortly after Al Gore invented the internet 😲 -- I was taught that there were 4 *key abilities* that an AV must have: 1-Detect/Report, 2-Prevent, 3-Clean-up 4-Low system impact.

#3 was critically important in those days because it was the difference between (a) quick & easy restoration of an infected computer OR (b) having to do a not-so-quick-&-easy format/OS reinstall.

Then along came back-up & imaging software that is low-priced, fast, friendly, effective, & efficient. #3 became much less critical.

BD is on the short-list to be my computer's next AV.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.