Battle Bitdefender vs Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

They are extremely close to each other. You can't say which one's actually better than the other one, it's up to the user to decide what he wants really. Each month or so they swap the 1st place on the tests.:cool: The protection they offer is similar, Bitdefender has more powerful technologies running on the system and a more powerful URL filter, but Kaspersky has a security network, and that's a feature i want in Bitdefender(it have a cloud-based real-time URL blocker)

Reactions: Oxygen

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You need to see which ones are the best. Check out the results for yourself by clicking on the links below.

http://www.av-test.org/en/home/

http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

http://www.dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/s/a-m/2013/
AV tests don't mean nothing, they are usually financed by some of the vendors with the highest scores. The largest sample tests don't even account for 5% of the available malware in the wild, malware usually has a short life only weeks or less therefore it is impossible to come to any conclusions. AV testing sites are just ads or commercials for their paid customers which includes many AV vendors with the highest scores. Never trust them.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: XhenEd

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Some peoples will tell u bitdefender is better & some will tell you to choose kaspersky. It's better u try on ur own & know which is suitable for u. Creating a thread which AV is better or a random AV vs random AV is useless in my opinion unless u try it & see it yourself :)

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Some peoples will tell u bitdefender is better & some will tell you to choose kaspersky. It's better u try on ur own & know which is suitable for u. Creating a thread which AV is better or a random AV vs random AV is useless in my opinion unless u try it & see it yourself :)

Well said my friend ;)
I simply 100% agree with you :)

On topic...it's hard to choose since both are good products and I used them, but as for me..I would pick kaspersky over BD simply because Kaspersky didn't give me black screen on booting, while BD does..but again, it's me, and don't get me wrong I like both products, in the end it's all depends on a user decision and what user need :)
One thing to note, kaspersky is quite expensive on my country probably it's the most expensive AV software, as for BD..if you like it you can get it for free since there are many various giveaways on world wide web as long they kept promote the software :D

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
@Moose

What are you trying to say with that video?

First of all, Bitdefender isn't mentioned in that video, so it doesn't help in finding out if Bitdefender or Kaspersky offers better exploit protection. Secondly, even the developers of MBAE have stated in the past that, despite its limitations, Kaspersky still offers of the best exploit detection of all suites out there.

I

illumination

This could land either way for me. While BD is well known for false positives and being heavy, the newer 2015 version has improved greatly on system resources, much lighter. Kaspersky at one time was the same, quite heavy on systems, but has become lighter.. Kaspersky's application control can be touchy, and some times block legit processes with no warning that it is doing so, which falls into the "FP' category in my book.

They both have strength's and weaknesses IMO. Both have decent detection capabilities.. I could use either and be fine.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Kaspersky! use in my main pc and every year gets better, the 2015 version is even lighter! Never met any problem using Kaspersky.
Bitdefender IS used the 2013 version on another pc and found buggy ... not gonna test the latest version.

Reactions: Hesam and vrb93

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
I tested the recent version of KIS yes, it may be lighter than before, but when it has to desinfect something it consumes a lot of resources, bitdefender in the other hand is not heavy (in my case), but it has a lot of of bugs, From bitdefender i have not seen FP, but talking about lightness bitdefender wins, kaspersly wins in detection rate. There is a problem with KIS there is no way to complete remove it, it integrates so deep on the system that later you wont get rid of it.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
I tested the recent version of KIS yes, it may be lighter than before, but when it has to desinfect something it consumes a lot of resources, bitdefender in the other hand is not heavy (in my case), but it has a lot of of bugs, From bitdefender i have not seen FP, but talking about lightness bitdefender wins, kaspersly wins in detection rate. There is a problem with KIS there is no way to complete remove it, it integrates so deep on the system that later you wont get rid of it.
BloatDefender is hard to remove also. Try both of their "safepay" programs and then lets talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.