Battle Bitdefender vs Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
AV tests don't mean nothing, they are usually financed by some of the vendors with the highest scores. The largest sample tests don't even account for 5% of the available malware in the wild, malware usually has a short life only weeks or less therefore it is impossible to come to any conclusions. AV testing sites are just ads or commercials for their paid customers which includes many AV vendors with the highest scores. Never trust them.

Thanks. :D
You said "AV tests don't mean nothing." Did you mean to say " AV tests don't mean ANYTHING." Otherwise i am inclined to agree with you, I tested BloatDefender and Kaspersky side by side and found Kasperky to lighter and less intrusive. However, after my Kaspersky trial ends i will likely go back to Free Avast Antivrus and Free Zone Alarm Firewall and then I always use Sandboxie while browsing. Sometimes, i run my browser in Sandboxie while Virtualized with Returnil or Acronis Try and Decide. The key is to avoid getting malware in the first place and Sandboxie and virtualization allow you to do that.

Last edited:

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
BloatDefender is hard to remove also. Try both of their "safepay" programs and then lets talk.

I know that in some cases it may be a headache to remove it (rarely some AV like eset, avira etc are hard to remove, most of the times the XX process doesnt want to finish) in this case, i made a test a couple of months ago i installed KIS, 3 days latter i decided to uninstalled I did it ( that was i thought) on my weekly clean up i found that there was a driver signed under the name of "zao lab, kaspersky industry" making a quick search i found that it was a driver related to the virtual keyboard, so i said to myself: well since a week ago i uninstalled KIS i will delete the file, when i rebooted the pc... surprise, the keyboard was not working... i had to log in safe mode and restore the KIS driver and wala everything was ok. I have safepay as a separate product, and let me tell you that i havent seen any problem yet...

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Most vendors have removal tools that will (only in safe mode, while services are disabled) strip out all the directories, all the registry keys, all the drivers that might sit in win\sys32\drivers or similar.

Check this page out, its incredible: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

thanks i already know about this page, but as many others programs, when you uninstall a program there are some archive left, you can not do anything about this, even with their own uninstaller or programs like revo uninstaller, some keys can not be deleted or even detected that is a weakness of windows,(talking in general) through the time it may slow the system no matter how many times you defrag, clean etc... in the case of AV vendors, they integrate so deep into the system that some times their files are merged with the kernel (it must be like that) so the system takes them as necessary for proper operations, for example there are only a few types of malwares that are able to complete shut down KIS

PST: i contacted customer support and they gave a safe mode uninstaller but as I told you, in this case the file remained there.

Reactions: Arakasi

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
thanks i already know about this page, but as many others programs, when you uninstall a program there are some archive left, you can not do anything about this, even with their own uninstaller or programs like revo uninstaller, some keys can not be deleted or even detected that is a weakness of windows,(talking in general) through the time it may slow the system no matter how many times you defrag, clean etc... in the case of AV vendors, they integrate so deep into the system that some times their files are merged with the kernel (it must be like that) so the system takes them as necessary for proper operations, for example there are only a few types of malwares that are able to complete shut down KIS

PST: i contacted customer support and they gave a safe mode uninstaller but as I told you, in this case the file remained there.

Empty Registry keys has no effect on system performance.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
I know that in some cases it may be a headache to remove it (rarely some AV like eset, avira etc are hard to remove, most of the times the XX process doesnt want to finish) in this case, i made a test a couple of months ago i installed KIS, 3 days latter i decided to uninstalled I did it ( that was i thought) on my weekly clean up i found that there was a driver signed under the name of "zao lab, kaspersky industry" making a quick search i found that it was a driver related to the virtual keyboard, so i said to myself: well since a week ago i uninstalled KIS i will delete the file, when i rebooted the pc... surprise, the keyboard was not working... i had to log in safe mode and restore the KIS driver and wala everything was ok. I have safepay as a separate product, and let me tell you that i havent seen any problem yet...
Kaspersky safepay is fine. BloatDefender safepay (or whatever they call it)is painfully slow

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
have you tried the lates version, at least with me in this case there was no problem....
I tried it about 6 weeks ago on one of their free trials. Still SLOW, SLOW, SLOW in every aspect. I uninstalled in in about about an hour because i hated it so bad. However, after my Kaspersky trial is over,i will go back to free Avast and Free Zone Alarm Firewall, because as long as you sandbox or virtualize, you really dont have to worry about getting infected and you are just throwing your money away.

Reactions: kiric96
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.