Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Currently when I goto gmail.. the firefox addon for prevention of connecting to a bad websites says
This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to mail.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

mail.google.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
nothing.
Normally it gives you a button to add exception it doesn't allow me..

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to mail.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

mail.google.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

R

rkkdjb

actually this is a conflict issue...happens sometimes.

here are a few things u could try(one by one) :
- just sync ur sys date/time with an time update server first and then try the google site. (has helped some ppl)
- reinstall firefox,just run the installation over,no need to delete the previous install (this way all ur FF settings will remain)
- try disabling URL advisor
IN KIS, go to settings > protection > web av > adv settings > uncheck 'check URL' in Kaspersky URL advisor. Now check gmail.
mind u, this will devoid u of web protection.

i wud advise to to enable the URL advisor once u have done the above procedure.

Reactions: Kantry123
Upvote 0

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
Disabling URL Advisor worked.. Does URL advisor do anything important? if so I might switch back to ESET SS

Upvote 0
R

rkkdjb

Disabling URL Advisor worked.. Does URL advisor do anything important? if so I might switch back to ESET SS
just enable it again now and see if u r able to visit those sites.
Actually its for web protection...

Upvote 0

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I disable I can visit when I re-enable in about 5 minutes I get the error again and it's only Google, it's weird.

Upvote 0

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Yes, Please check it, I use version 15.0.0.463 Patch B
How to know the full version number in Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 : here

Upvote 0

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
it's been explaing

if URL Protection is on GOOGLE gives error message posted on page #1, Apparently I need to download and install new kaspersky everytime I wanna update?

eset is sounding better and better the more ##### I deal with

Upvote 0

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
You do not need to download and install the new version.
You just need to is always update and automatically the application will be updated.

kis2015_11213_0113-243495.png

kis2015_11213_0213-243494.png

its been given in detail in the first post

I'm sorry, I am less understand because my english is bad :)

Reactions: rkkdjb
Upvote 0

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I don't understand what he's trying to do. I'm curious does kaspersky software ever update or is it only eset that does that automatically

Upvote 0

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I would use kaspersky if I could use it to its fullest and not have this stupid bug

Upvote 0

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Hi, i have 2 pc and 2 laptops (all private), all using KIS 2015. At 2 PCs and 1 laptop, I use KIS 2015 version 15.0.0.463. and in the last laptop I was using KIS 15.0.1.415 Win 8.1, all have no problems. If you have any problems please follow the advice of @BIgD1 .

to update you can read it here

I never install the new version only update patch :)

I'm sorry, my english is bad :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.