Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Currently when I goto gmail.. the firefox addon for prevention of connecting to a bad websites says
This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to mail.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

mail.google.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
nothing.
Normally it gives you a button to add exception it doesn't allow me..

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to mail.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

mail.google.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
Disable check of SSL-traffic or try this:

In Firefox, there is a certificate manager. (Somewhere in the settings).There you will find one or more "KasperskyAnti-VirusPersonalRootCertificate. Delete them. Important: You have to configure your computer to show you "hidden files" before.
Then import the certificate that you will find in:
C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP15.0.1\Data\Cert\ (fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer
When you import the certificate, there a three options:
trust websites - only mark -> trust websites
trust mail user
trust software vendors

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you check the settings from KIS safe money by deactivating? Cause base on my research some users experience this issue on KIS 2015.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.