Troubleshoot Black thin border around screen

Shroom

Thread author
Nov 10, 2016
I just noticed two days ago a black thin border around my screen. I've updated my driver and messed around with scaling and size, but nothing helps.

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers and check if it helps.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

To uninstall drivers from the device manager follow these steps:

a. Click on Start.

b. Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search bar.

c. Click on Device Manager.

d. Select the device you wish to uninstall in the Device Manager window and uninstall it.

e. You can also uninstall by right clicking on the device and select Uninstall from the context menu. A dialog box will open asking if you really wish to uninstall the driver. Click Yes, then OK in the next window.

Reactions: mal1
Upvote 0

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers and check if it helps.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

To uninstall drivers from the device manager follow these steps:

a. Click on Start.

b. Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search bar.

c. Click on Device Manager.

d. Select the device you wish to uninstall in the Device Manager window and uninstall it.

e. You can also uninstall by right clicking on the device and select Uninstall from the context menu. A dialog box will open asking if you really wish to uninstall the driver. Click Yes, then OK in the next window.

Reactions: mal1
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.