Blackberry may buy Cylance for as much as $1.5 Billion.

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
In years, I agree, right now many products fancies themselves as AI for marketing and hype but their Ai's brain is big like a peanut...

Cylance didn't market themselves as assistive, they claimed to destroy signature-based AVs, and they fail.
And it failed ugly, I never deluded myself with Cylance, never went from a deceptive propaganda and now to the control of the world's greatest spies :giggle:

Reactions: yuglyS

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
And it failed ugly, I never deluded myself with Cylance, never went from a deceptive propaganda and now to the control of the world's greatest spies :giggle:

$1.5 billion

$1.5 billion

"Cylance brought in more than $130 million in revenue for fiscal 2018, representing 90% year-over-year growth, a press release from June said. Cylance also has 4,000 customers, according to the release."

1.5billion.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

"Cylance brought in more than $130 million in revenue for fiscal 2018, representing 90% year-over-year growth, a press release from June said. Cylance also has 4,000 customers, according to the release."

We must remember, this isn't endpoints, it's customers.

I know one particular organization that has close to 40,000 endpoints with Cylance on it, and Cylance is actually really expensive in the enterprise realms. Cylance closed a huge deal with Watchguard to switch all Watchguard appliances to Cylance from Trend, that was implemented in a firmware update a few months ago. There was talk of Fortinet possibly taking in Cylance, but they grabbed ZoneFox instead. Fujitsu grabbed Cylance for 100K endpoints and a few other big deals.

Nevertheless, what Blackberry will do is still up in the air. My prediction is - Cylance will cease to exist, the consumer product will be closed down in short order and BB will integrate Cylance into their Unified Endpoint Management system nobody cares about because it still has the name 'blackberry'.

Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Puts all the Cylance hate into perspective. Probably explains why we have devs from competing orgs trash-talking Cylance in every thread like a r/niceguy type trash-talks a girls new boyfriend.

Laughing.... yep. True dat.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.