Blackholes setup

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Uninstaller : Revo Uninstaller Free Edition

Update / Patch Scanners : Filehippo Update Checker . Secunia Psi 3.0

Backup : Comodo Backup

cleaning / optimizing : AVG Pc Tune Up , Ccleaner ( optimized with ccenhacer )

media player : VLC media Player

Burning software : Ashampoo Burning Studio Free

screen capture software : Camtasia

Driver Updater : Driver Genius

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Great choice for F-secure since it has an award winning protection and their Deepguard.

You can add one of the virtualization software, Sandboxie or Bufferzone.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have can't find anything wrong with your config. Keep up the great work.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Using an Internet Suite should keep you protected all around.

Might want to try IObit Uninstaller (64-bit support, completely portable, free)
http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

PS: I use both Revo Portable and IObit Uninstaller, and I can recommend this IObit software.

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
Thanks all of you for the great suggestions , I have deinstalled fsecure again , for making my laptop laggy and start up slow , also ff was verry verry slow , so now I am back with my good old trusted setup : AVG free and comodo firewall , I no there are a lot of AVG haters , but its my favorite choise of free av :)

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Good combo AVG+Comodo FW. I was a fan of layered security config till Avast+OA gave me bsods.

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
A new chance to my setup : AVG free and comod free replaced for AVG Internet Security 2012 :D @ Malkby : this is indeed the new sp1 interface :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
So you have changed from F-Secure Internet Security to AVG Internet Security 2012? Because if so you might need to update your first post. ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Have your ever tried a Sandboxie??

Last edited:

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
You should use the antivirus that you like, it doesn't matter. I second Jacks suggestion about Sandboxie . To me, its the best security software available and the only software that I can not live without it.

Bo

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would not suggest sandboxie as it has severe limitations in the free version and also lacks certain features. Best I would suggest using BufferZone pro which is free and also has auto sandbox for suspicious apps. It can also sandbox your pendrive files so that viruses cant copy to your pc and also you can safely clean your pendrive.

Just try and post which u like and why.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
malbky said:
I would not suggest sandboxie as it has severe limitations in the free version and also lacks certain features.

What severe limitations are you talking about?

Other than multiple sandbox support and the ability to force programs to run in the sandbox, I'm not aware of any lack of functionality in the free version of Sandboxie.

Sure, those features are nice, but I think it's a bit extreme to consider them to be severe limitations.

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
I have made some changes in my security setup : Removed AVG Internet Security and Mozilla Firefox and Replaced them for : Comodo Internet Security Premium and Comodo Dragon as browser with the following adons : Adblock Plus , WOT , Panda Url Filter and Norton Dns :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What made you switch away from the all-mighty AVG?

What do you think of Comodo Dragon? It comes with Flash Player now (I think, as an option)?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
malbky said:
I would not suggest sandboxie as it has severe limitations in the free version and also lacks certain features.
I kind of agree with Heffe, malbky. The features or limitations as you call them that are "added" when you purchase a license, make Sandboxie go on automatic, no much thinking required as programs and files open sandboxed without you having to do a right click, but the free version keeps you as secure as the registered version. After 30 days, nothing is taken out, features are added but that's it.

If I was using the free version, I would still be able to open sandboxed, all programs and files that I open forced. Like I said, a little more work is required in the free version as you have to think, decide to open the file or program sandboxed and right click on it while I don't have to do that because I have a license. Some of us think that the license is worth it and it is worth it but for most users the free version is enough.

By the way, you can also open your pendrives and suspicious apps sandboxed as you can in Buffer Zone.

The one thing that bothers me a lot about Buffer Zone is the large amount of people that have reported experiencing a BSOD when using or installing Buffer Zone. Personally, if I was using Sandboxie free, I would never change it for Buffer Zone .

Bo

blackhole

Thread author
Mar 25, 2012
@ earth I got tired of the slow startup , plus the lack of sandbox and I like the following concept : more is less , meaning one product with all the features , if AVG would add sandbox and more extensive hips then I certainly change back! also youtube is loading slow and stuttering during playback and that got old too....real fast!!!! and about your question of dragon : I like it so far!!! Its easier to get around than firefox ( thats my opinion ) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.