New Update BLOKK app - Blocks trackers, phishing and crypto scams on Android and iOS

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Download​

App Store: ‎BLOKK: Stop Tracking Me
Play Store: BLOKK: Stop Tracking Me - Apps on Google Play

BLOKK filters what your phone is sending back to apps and websites, blocking over 420,000 sites that are known to compromise your privacy or security, including trackers and scams. Providing you with app tracking protection on your device.
  • Block trackers
  • Block scam and phishing sites
  • Warn about social engineering hacks
  • View where your data is being sent
  • View the activity that BLOKK has stopped and allowed
BLOKK is now integrated with our partner Chainabuse to keep you safer from blockchain and crypto scams; you can also report scams from BLOKK.
Additional features included with Premium
  • View the trackers and scams that have been blocked in detail.
  • Manually block or unblock specific trackers.
  • View a global map of your data and geo-block countries.
  • View up to 30 days of blocking and phone activity history.
  • Turn on or off specific block list categories (such as trackers or scams)
  • Including blocking IP addresses and unusual characters.
BLOKK is not a virtual private network (VPN) but works by using a VPN connection on your device to block trackers and scams. This allows BLOKK to filter trackers and scam sites, providing you with privacy and app tracking protection right from your phone.

All users are anonymous, there is no need to register with BLOKK. Anonymous traffic data is collected only for the purpose of improving our services and cannot be linked to a person.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Not so sure about Blokk, they do collect a lot of information:
Personal data:

Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Revoke collects the following categories of personal information:

From Customers:
  • Country location when the app is in use
  • Your consent confirmation(s), when required for our services
  • Mobile phone operating system, type of mobile device, application version,
  • Connection information, browser type and version, operating system, device identifier
  • Apps installed and websites visited
Note that Revoke does not collect personally identifiable information such as first name, last name, email address and is unable to link any data collected to an individual.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023

Download​

App Store: ‎BLOKK: Stop Tracking Me
Play Store: BLOKK: Stop Tracking Me - Apps on Google Play
Would that be duplicative if I am using Adguard on my Android? I have discovered that Adguard app is beginning to leak ads in many recent more popular apps like the official reddit app. According to the developers of Adguard, nothing can be done since the reddit app is like Facebook which double encrypts the stream and thus obfuscates the stream from the VPN scanners.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Would that be duplicative if I am using Adguard on my Android? I have discovered that Adguard app is beginning to leak ads in many recent more popular apps like the official reddit app. According to the developers of Adguard, nothing can be done since the reddit app is like Facebook which double encrypts the stream and thus obfuscates the stream from the VPN scanners.
They both use a VPN like construction to filter your traffic.
You can only use one at the time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.