Solved Bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
Hey peeps :D

I got a problem with a pc, scanned it with avast, eset onlinescanner, malwarebytes anti-malware in safe mode - its now clean for viruses. It can't boot up normaly.

I suspect the gfx, the graphics just flicker and full of squares then i try to boot normaly :) Somehow i can't update the ATI driver, it just crashes every single time :)

- Devial

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have you tried going into safe mode and using the System Restore?

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
Avast removed but didn't help :) Maybe i should try to format the pc? I don't really know what the problem is, maybe the gfx :)

MYPCTuneUp 2012 is installed, any one know this program?

Upvote 0

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
MYPCTuneUp is a scam and a joke. Diagnosing a BSOD can be very tedious. Try doing a System Restore first as previously mentioned. Be sure to select a date that is prior to the issue. A BSOD can happen for various reasons such a bad ram,gpu or hdd.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The Blue Screen of Death comes with an error that looks something like this 0x0000001E something something something that would usually tell you what kernel error it is and what driver is causing the problem.What error code do you get?
Also BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) produces a log file otherwise known as a memory dump. This file contains the error codes you received on the blue screen itself, as well as what was actually happening at the time of the crash and what was loaded in memory. A debug analysis can often reveal the direct cause of the problem, or at the very least, give a good idea of the probable cause.You can try to upload the memory dump here and will take a look, I must admit that I never did this before but I can learn:D

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
I have uninstalled the gfx drivers in safe mode, and problem is gone, but what to do? Leave it without gfx drivers or?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Devial said:
I have uninstalled the gfx drivers in safe mode, and problem is gone, but what to do? Leave it without gfx drivers or?

Download Driver Sweeper.
Boot into safe mode and run drive sweeper.
Restart the computer and install the new drivers.Make sure to get them from the developer site.

Upvote 0

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The artifacts/squares on the screen could indicate a hardware (video card) problem. Can you make sure the video card is OK (by plugging it in in another PC)?

Upvote 0

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
Solved:
Uninstalled ATI drivers
Disable "Aero"
And then install the ATI drivers again :)

The gfx did not support aero :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.