Troubleshoot Bluetooth toggle missing, onboard AND aftermarket bluetooth not working!!!!!

drew15975

Thread author
Jan 17, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Bluetooth doesn't work
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Re-install windows, driver updates, registry edits, create new user
I bought this computer about a year and a half ago. Specs are as follows

Asus M51BC

Windows 8 (upgraded to 8.1)

8 GB RAM

AMD FX 8300 processor

GTX 650 (upgraded to GTX 760)

1 TB HDD (added 128 GB SSD and 256 SSD)

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as soon as I turned it on so I didn't get a chance to see if bluetooth was working with Windows 8. I tried to pair my phone but it didn't work. I looked all over the internet but nothing worked. One thing I did notice was that Windows 8.1 had quite a few problems with bluetooth. So after a week of trying to get it to work I gave up. Just got a Razor Orochi which is a bluetooth mouse so I started looking around for answers again. Tried MANY new things but still no answers so I went and bought a StarTech USB to Bluetooth version 4.0 adapter - 10m class 2. Broadcom makes this and tried theirs and StarTech's drivers. Both don't make a difference even after uninstalling/re-installing, and disabling/enabling. I've also tried creating a different user, re-installing from the recovery drive and a clean install, and way too many other things to list here. If anybody has any advice or tips other than "did you try un plugging it?" I'd be really grateful!!!!

Attachments

• Bluetooth.png
    Bluetooth.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 543

drew15975

Thread author
Jan 17, 2015
Hey thanks for the reply but I ended up solving it. Ya I had razor synapse installed and there was fully charged batteries in the mouse. I did yet another clean install but this time I completely deleted the system (efi) recovery partition. I had deleted the factory reset partitions when I switched to the ssd but was nervous about deleting that one. That's the only new thing that I hadn't tried on my many attempts to get Bluetooth to work. Hope this helps someone because in all of my research I never came across an answer that worked for me

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.