Advanced Plus Security BobM's PC Security Config

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration may put you and your device at risk!
    We do not recommend that other members use this setup. We cannot be held responsible for problems that may occur to your device by using this security setup.

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jan 2, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Automatic sign-in / no sign-in required
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Network firewall
N/A
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Free
Comodo Firewall Free
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Kaspersky Free default
Comodo Firewall Free @cruelsister Config +
-Uncheck trust files installed by trusted installers in file rating settings
-Miscellaneous apply the selected action to unrecognized autorun entries related to new/modified registry items:Quarantine and Disable,
-Comodo Stealth Ports Alert incoming connections
Periodic malware scanners
Hitmanpro Free
Norton power eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
No
Browsers and extensions
Brave Browser extensions : uBlock Origin
Firefox extensions : uBlock Origin, Kaspersky Protection
Browser privacy and security settings:
Firefox
- Tracking protection: Strict (enables Total Cookie Protection)
- HTTPS-only-mode enabled
- DuckDuckGo set as search engine
- Pocket disabled (also in about:config)
- Sending DNT-requests disabled (enabling makes you more identifiable and barely gives any advantage on most sites.)
- Search suggestions disabled
- Websites overview disabled
- Blocking incoming location, camera and microphone requests
- AutoPlay for audio and video disabled
- Firefox telemetry disabled (also in about:config)
- Blocking pop-ups
- Warn when websites try to install addons enabled
- Protection against fraudulent content and dangerous software enabled
DNS Cloudflare

Brave
Hide Brave Rewards
Clear the cryptocurrency clutter
Block social media tracking
Private window with Tor
Tor hides your IP address from the sites you visit.
Automatically redirect .onion sites
Brave will switch to the .onion version of a website when available, and automatically open all .onion domains in a Tor window.
Use Bridges
DuckDuckGo set as search engine
DNS Cloudflare
Mostly the best security settings
Secure DNS
NextDNS,Cloudflare DNS in Brave and Firefox settings
Desktop VPN
Proton vpn Free if I need it
Password and passkey manager
Paper and Pen
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk Cleaner Free,PrivaZer Free,HiBitUninstaller Portable Free,Virustotal desktop
File and photo backups
Google Photos,Another hard drive Encrypted with windows BitLocker, Phone,Usb
System recovery
If I have problems I reinstall windows and add games and pictures from hard disk,usb
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration may put you and your device at risk!
    We do not recommend that other members use this setup. We cannot be held responsible for problems that may occur to your device by using this security setup.

BobM

New Member
I did exclusions in Kaspersky Free for Comodo Firewall and in Comodo Firewall for Kaspersky Free
I made scheduled scans and cleanings for HitmenPro, Wise Disk Cleaner, PrivaZer

In the HitmanPro settings I set Show Scan with HitmanPro for files and folders in Windows Explorer

Thanks in advance for your feedback
 
Last edited:
BitLocker with No login security makes no sense, since it is supposed to protect you from local attacks?
Password manager - Paper and Pen. I hope that you are at least using an invisible ink or lemon juice.
I have two hard drives, the second one I use for backup and I protect it with bitlocker.
I put the paper with the password in the safe that has the code
 
Because I need stronger protection against ads and also use Brave Shield, which is set to aggressive.
uBlock Origin have online malicius URL Blocklist
Do you still see ads while using Brave's Shields?
You can add custom filterlists to Shields as well.
 
Brave blocks ads, but in some situations I have to click x to close the blocked ads
So I prefer Brave shields + uBlock Origin no ads
That's weird. Can you share your Shields config including filterslists so we can take a look at it?
Normally Shields set to Agressive should block all kinds of ads.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top