BootCD Problem (Updating Kaspersky Rescue Disk)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Its your choice as long it will boot ubuntu, any usb even old can be use as long the ISO will met the free space of usb.

btw, why i cant use sardu as well on my old machine..?? my KAV resc disc not work.. like lag :(
you know why..? and if press button.. cant
idk why..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: who here use ubuntu?

Nope I don't know why it hangs, did you try to reformat it?.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

jamescv7 said:
Nope I don't know why it hangs, did you try to reformat it?.

what you mean reformat?? the sardu disc?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Yes, reformatting the SARDU Disc

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

jamescv7 said:

What james means is re-write/write-over and not reformatting

Since SARDU is an AV Recuse unit and if someone doesn't have rewritable disks you can't replace the old information to the new one.

Regards,
Valentin N

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

Valentin N said:
jamescv7 said:

Since SARDU is an AV Recuse unity, if someone doesn't have rewritable disks you can't replace the old information to the new one.

Regards,
Valentin N

so.. if i use DVD-R..? it can update database..??
bcoz are oboselete
and.. my comp friend.. not use cable as inet connection.. just use USB modem.. and need to run and click connect.. how that?
others customer no use that.. just this one.. i'm confuse bro
how..? you can give me way to update..?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Ah yes I remember that Valentin, as far I know if you use a disc with Rewritable you can reformat but if its Recordable you cannot reformat once you put the data there already.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

jamescv7 said:
Ah yes I remember that Valentin, as far I know if you use a disc with Rewritable you can reformat but if its Recordable you cannot reformat once you put the data there already.

yep i know that.. that why.. i'm get confuse when you said like that :)
hmm..
you know my problem..? at above..

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

win7holic said:
Valentin N said:
jamescv7 said:

Since SARDU is an AV Recuse unity, if someone doesn't have rewritable disks you can't replace the old information to the new one.

Regards,
Valentin N

bcoz are oboselete
and.. my comp friend.. not use cable as inet connection.. just use USB modem.. and need to run and click connect.. how that?

In order for a dvd to be rewritable you need to se "DVD +/- RW" (in your case DVD -RW) otherwise it's a dvd that can only be used once.

Since I don't have this I can't tell how it works or how it updates its database but I assume that its needed to download the complete ISO file and burn it again and again. So tell him to buy a DVD +/- RW if his DVD-player supports such disks.

Does he have internet problems? If he does he should go to Desktop --> to his USB --> he should see an exe-file and click on it. I know this because a (the person who was suppose to help the couldn't fix it) customer from a mobile company where I wanted to buy my mobile had problems and I sorted it out :) These usb sticks normally have "Play and plug" (or whatever it's called) function which means that usb stick activate itself when it's connect to your computer.

Regards,
Valentin N

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

win7holic said:
bcoz are oboselete

Well on that case it will update but since its USB modem how about configure the network setup on an AV rescue disc like Kaspersky Rescue have network setup.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

Valentin N said:
win7holic said:
Valentin N said:
jamescv7 said:

Regards,
Valentin N

bcoz are oboselete

In order for a dvd to be rewritable you need to se "DVD +/- RW" (in your case DVD -RW) otherwise it's a dvd that can only be used once.

Since I don't have this I can't tell how it works or how it updates its database but I assume that its needed to download the complete ISO file and burn it again and again. So tell him to buy a DVD +/- RW if his DVD-player supports such disks.

Does he have internet problems? If he does he should go to Desktop --> to his USB --> he should see an exe-file and click on it. I know this because a (the person who was suppose to help the) customer from a mobile company where I wanted to buy my mobil had problems and I sorted it out :) These usb sticks normal have "Play and plug" (or whatever it's called) function which means that usb stick activate itself.

Regards,
Valentin N

yes.. him USB are plug and play.. it can work?? even plug when boot from sardu any boot disc??

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

win7holic said:
Valentin N said:
win7holic said:
Valentin N said:
jamescv7 said:

Regards,
Valentin N

bcoz are oboselete

Does he have internet problems? If he does he should go to Desktop --> to his USB --> he should see an exe-file and click on it. I know this because a (the person who was suppose to help the) customer from a mobile company where I wanted to buy my mobil had problems and I sorted it out :) These usb sticks normal have "Play and plug" (or whatever it's called) function which means that usb stick activate itself.

Regards,
Valentin N

yes.. him USB are plug and play.. it can work?? even plug when boot from sardu any boot disc??

only if that usb stick has an extra where a SD memory can be inserted, otherwise no. if he want he could buy an extra usb stick with 4GB or more.

Regards,
Valentin N

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

Valentin N said:
win7holic said:
Valentin N said:
win7holic said:
Valentin N said:

Regards,
Valentin N

bcoz are oboselete

Regards,
Valentin N

only if that usb stick has an extra where a SD memory can be inserted, otherwise no. if he want he could buy an extra usb stick with 4GB or more.

Regards,
Valentin N

what for 4GB or more..?
i mean is.. him used internet from USB modem (plug and play) then, him can be connect to internet.. so.. that can be use on bootCD like kav resc disc or others too..?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

jamescv7 said:
Well on that case it will update but since its USB modem how about configure the network setup on an AV rescue disc like Kaspersky Rescue have network setup.

My post recently.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

jamescv7 said:
jamescv7 said:

My post recently.

so.. when modem USB plug on machine.. it will be install it self?? then can be connect..?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Link

Not sure about that since its have a network adapter there.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

so.. when modem USB plug on machine.. it will be install it self?? then can be connect..?

it won't install itself but it will start it's engine. It can happen that you need to install something small but of what I know of; I don't have such usb.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

Valentin N said:

it won't install itself but it will start it's engine. It can happen that you need to install something small but of what I know of; I don't have such usb.

oh ok bro
because my problem at this :(
i'm try.. but cant..
so.. i cant help my friend to clean comp..him get heavily infect

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

this what he or you. Download this SARDU or Kaspersky rescue disk (ISO), and burn it on dvd and run it.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

I'm having a hard time understanding what this thread is about :)
win7holic - you want use a SARDU usb (or is it a DVD?) to clean your friends PC, but since your friend uses a USB modem that you can't find the drivers for, you can't update the definitions for the antivirus applications you have on the USB?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.