BoXX's Defenses

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you run the same security for all the computers in your home network?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do the other computers in your network use?

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Okay, So I changed my real time protection to MSE since I want to fully take advantage of Sandboxie's virtualization and I took the lighter side of security this time, I have no problems with MSE's protection capabilities since I force the entry points of malware to run sandboxed.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Removed WOT on all browsers since it is overkill because I have Norton Safe Web installed, WOT is also too aggressive which I don't like.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I don't really find WOT very aggressive or an overkill and in my option, it's a much better site rating tool then SafeWeb, considering that I've seen some dangerous sites that SafeWeb doesn't block or rate red, while WOT I've yet to seen miss a risky site (but of course, it does happen, though they usually catch on very quickly).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my opinion WOT is not overkill for me caused its only a siteadvisor (you can configure for warning or blocking) , before I use WOT and SafeWeb and no problem on it.

WOT can save you or Safeweb can save it if WOT missed it.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Removed Zemana since I really don't need it, Might try it again after the Full 64-bit Compatible version is released.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Changed Real Time Protection to Emsisoft Antimalware, Works light and Works great! I just find the Surf Protection False Positives too much though. Ugh.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Surely from the next version that was in public beta, they are working on reducing the FP rates.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
The Surf Protection false positives are what made me uninstall EAM. It simply blocks too much and most sites doesn't load properly even though they are added to the exceptions already. Emsisoft really needs to reduce their FP Rates, I'm back to using NIS.

D

Deleted member 178

ok i see, i just tick the allow rule if a trusted is blocked so i dont mind too much about it ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.