Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender Premium Security
Firewall security
About custom security
Everything is turned on essentially. Recommended settings by default didn't play around with it.
Periodic malware scanners
Bitdefender, HitmanPro
BD Latest, HTP 3.8.20
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera GX, Ublock origin.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Pro
CCP 5.74.8198
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect(Next time I clean install windows)
System recovery
Shadow Defender not exactly a backup/restore. If i'm testing malware however I turn on shadow mode which virtualizes the drives and any damage done is not permanent.
SD 1.5.0.726
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
Custom Build/Case NR600
Ryzen 5 3600XT
RTX 2070 Super
DDR4 16GB 3800mhz
256SSD/2TBHDD

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Please specify the browser used with uBlock Origin.

In Photos and Files Backup , consider bakcup to external devices and/or cloud services.

In Backup and RollBack, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Please specify the browser used with uBlock Origin.

In Photos and Files Backup , consider bakcup to external devices and/or cloud services.

In Backup and RollBack, You may add a full Image System BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)
Updated with browser, I don't really have any important document/photos to backup. I also just reinstall windows every couple of months, meaning wipe the drives reformat, then install. I'd use a password manager, never forget mine and use different ones for everything, multiple chars long with different symbols.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
How long does it take to reformat your drive every couple of months? After your format, you could make an image with Macrium in 8-10 minutes and restore that image in the same time instead of formating again!
I mean you're right, I could do a clean installation of windows 10 pro, then back it up. Instead of wiping my drives, downloading various drivers, steam, etc.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
You can do a clean installation of W10, then make a backup with Macrium. After a couple of months, you can restore this backup, update Windows and your basic stuff and make a new image. I keep five images. In my experience, Windows becomes easily corrupted when you install and uninstall many security apps. So in my images, only Windows Defender exists. It's a lot easier when it's time to upgrade Windows.Nowadays, I use F-Secure Safe on my PC. It takes only a few minutes to install it after I made a new image. My C uses a SSD drive and most of my data is on a second drive. So making an image and restoring one are really fast...sometimes only 7 minutes for each process..

Let me give you an example: on 2020/11/03 I restored an image that I had made two weeks earlier 2020/10/20. Updated my system: Chrome, Google Backup, RogueKiller,Edge, OneDrive, Q-Dir, Sumo, Hibit Uninstaller, Acrobat Reader, Windows Update. Then I made a new image 2020/11/03. After this image was done, I installed F-Secure Safe.

Last edited:

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
You can do a clean installation of W10, then make a backup with Macrium. After a couple of months, you can restore this backup, update Windows and your basic stuff and make a new image. I keep five images. In my experience, Windows becomes easily corrupted when you install and uninstall many security apps. So in my images, only Windows Defender exists. It's a lot easier when it's time to upgrade Windows.Nowadays, I use F-Secure Safe on my PC. It takes only a few minutes to install it after I made a new image. My C uses a SSD drive and most of my data is on a second drive. So making an image and restoring one are really fast...sometimes only 7 minutes for each process..

Let me give you an example: on 2020/11/03 I restored an image that I had made two weeks earlier 2020/10/20. Updated my system: Chrome, Google Backup, RogueKiller,Edge, OneDrive, Q-Dir, Sumo, Hibit Uninstaller, Acrobat Reader, Windows Update. Then I made a new image 2020/11/03. After this image was done, I installed F-Secure Safe.
Yeah looks like i'm going to do that, going to add it next time I do a clean installation.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.