256GB SSD/2TB HDD
PSU
EVGA Supernova 650 G5
Case
NR600
Monitor
Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip
Keyboard and Mouse
Corsair K95 Platinum XT, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE.
My computer protection

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Hi Bozalosc.
Looks like a solid rig. You should be able to get excellent gaming performance.
Are you managing that overclock with a stock Ryzen cooler?
Just overclocked the infinity fabric to 1900mhz, other than that just let it does what it wants. I tried to OC it with the stock cooler, temps didn't look great so didn't play around with it anymore.
Edit: Re-reading this kinda confused me. So, yeah the oc on the infinity fabric is fine with temps, actually ocing the cores the temps didn't look great so didn't play around with it anymore.

Last edited:

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Just overclocked the infinity fabric to 1900mhz, other than that just let it does what it wants. I tried to OC it with the stock cooler, temps didn't look great so didn't play around with it anymore.
Edit: Re-reading this kinda confused me. So, yeah the oc on the infinity fabric is fine with temps, actually ocing the cores the temps didn't look great so didn't play around with it anymore.
Sorry, I have never tried an Infinity Fabric OC. Does it not raise temps on the cpu? It determines the data rates between the Core dies and the IO die so I guessed it would a bit. XT's have a rep for running nice and hot and I see a lot of liquid coolers being used on them so was just wondering if that was an issue you had seen. Kudos for finding a stable OC anyways.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Sorry, I have never tried an Infinity Fabric OC. Does it not raise temps on the cpu? It determines the data rates between the Core dies and the IO die so I guessed it would a bit. XT's have a rep for running nice and hot and I see a lot of liquid coolers being used on them so was just wondering if that was an issue you had seen. Kudos for finding a stable OC anyways.
Mine runs decent haven't checked temps in a while, when I play cod mw runs at like 60-65c with the occasional 10c spike that ryzens are know for. To clear it up a little, just oc'd the infinity fabric nothing else. If anything it might have raised the temps 1-2c maybe, but that could be ambient temps, literally anything so i'd go as far as to say it doesn't raise temps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.