Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have a couple of questions;
1. Isn't SecureAnywhere based of from Prevx's technologies?
2. Can users of Webroot who are not paying (ie. Facebook promotion) use any of your support services?

Webroot

Verified
Jul 16, 2013
We did in fact purchase Prevx a few years ago. At the time, Prevx was in the process of developing new technology and it was this new technology that we purchased and utilized. Webroot obtained the lead developer with Prevx and he is now a lead developer/executive with Webroot. The technology that we are now utilzing is not technology that Prevx was utilizing when we purchased them. So in essence, Yes we are using Prevx technology, but it's technology that had never been previously released -- and hence why we built the product from the ground up.

And Yes -- in a limited fashion. You can open support tickets and call support to have issues investigated and resolved. However, if a trial (or FB) customer requests direct support (meaning one of the support guys will remote-access into your machine to fix the issue) then we will request that the customer become a paying member first.

So yes you can get support and help for your issue, but if you're requesting that we remote into your box and fix the issue ourselves, then we will ask that you pay. Pretty fair I think.

** Or you can always just ping me for threat-related issues.**

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
hiya would webroot be having any promos or deal 14 day trial doesnt give you must try out

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
For Uk
http://www.webroot.co.uk/En_GB/sites/promo2.html

For US
Go to http://www.amazon.com/Webroot-Secure...0795116&sr=1-1. The price will be $24.44 for the download version. At checkout apply coupon code MACR0913 which expires on October 6th. It is limited to one use per customer. This code is good for $15.00 off downloadable software, making the final cost $9.44.

source: see for more at wilders
Check carefully price are changed for US now

D

Deleted member 178

rebel4life said:
umbra you beta-testing this new version

yes i do, i feel it lighter than the previous version, in general it is simpler to use for the common user, they will almost nothing to set. just install and forget.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Dima007 said:
There Is any official download links?

Direct Download
- You'll need an Activation key to install.
Code:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

jelson

Level 2
Jun 14, 2011
Umbra Polaris said:
Umbra (WSA closed beta tester for webroot since the beginning) says : WSA 2014 sucks !!!!

reason: i lost my favorite granular options ! now it looks like Panda..

I had previously read your guide on how to setup Webroot to run along side Kaspersky. Since they've "simplified" the interface, is it still possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.