Advice Request Brave - couple of questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

lorcav123

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2018
1)Does Brave have some addon like Firefox Facebook container or maybe Brave is doing something similar on default?

2)Why doesn't Brave have speed dial? There is some option Top sites but I can move anything there, can't find button to pin....

3) I will use two browsers, Brave and Firefox. On Firefox I will probably install Kaspersky browser extension (not sure yet becasue I am privacy oriented - still researching) but what about Brave. Is it smart to install on Brave Kaspersky browser extension?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I had this problem and posted in their forum. But no one could help me. Maybe @oldschool can let them know about this bug

Brave leaking DNS servers - Support and Troubleshooting - Brave Community
It might take some time. But there’s a GitHub issue link which Sampson posted over at Wilders

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Follow these recommendations:
Personally, I recommend leaving this one enabled. Since it doesn’t affect your privacy and might actually help improve the product

Uncheck Allow privacy-preserving product analytics (P3A)

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Personally, I recommend leaving this one enabled. Since it doesn’t affect your privacy and might actually help improve the product
From a reliability and performance perspective it makes more sense to enable this:
Code:
Automatically send diagnostic reports
Help improve Brave's product stability by automatically sending diagnostic reports when the Brave Browser crashes or freezes.
instead of this:
Code:
Allow privacy-preserving product analytics (P3A)
Brave adds the features it wants to add and really doesn't listen to user feedback. One look at Brave Community makes this perfectly clear.

Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.