Brave Sync Version 2 Now Available for Desktop and Android Users

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Starting today, Brave desktop users (version 1.12) and Android users (version 1.12) can use our fully redesigned sync functionality to sync data from desktop to desktop, as well as across desktop and Android devices. Support for iOS will follow shortly. Sync v2 was rebuilt over the last several months to be more directly compatible with the Chromium sync system. Sync v2 supports more sync data types, while still keeping the client side data encrypted, so only users can see their data.

Users will be able to sync multiple different data types across their devices:
  • Bookmarks
  • Passwords
  • Autofill Data
  • History
  • Open Tabs
  • Extensions
  • Themes
  • Settings
  • Apps
Sync is not currently available for Brave Rewards data, but will be in the future. Meanwhile, Brave users who opt into Brave Rewards can verify their Brave wallets via Uphold and connect up to four of their devices (including Android) to the same Uphold wallet in order to sync their Rewards. Since Sync v2 is an entirely different system from Sync v1, users who were running Sync v1 will need to set up a Sync chain from the beginning with the new Sync v2 implementation.

For complete details on how to set up Sync v2 or upgrade to it from the previous sync, users can visit this page. Users who need further assistance or who have questions can reach out to us on our Brave Community site in the Sync section. The Sync v2 FAQ is also available here.

Brave Sync Version 2 Now Available for Desktop and Android Users

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Synced tabs is totally broken. I was researching for a new comp build with about 25 tabs open and couldn't get sync to work. It only showed 4. Seems that they can't get this sorted. @SeriousHoax you may be interested to know this. I should note that this is a known issue and noted on the github.
Hi, thanks for letting me know. There's still work to be done then. I can't even test anything since my laptop got stolen 😑 I have an old desktop but turns out the monitor is dead. I'm gonna buy a new laptop within 2 months hopefully but then again the one that I want to buy is slightly out of my budget. Things are not stable in personal life either. Aggghhh, life's not easy.
Anyway, staying Brave ✌️

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm gonna buy a new laptop within 2 months hopefully but then again the one that I want to buy is slightly out of my budget. Things are not stable in personal life either. Aggghhh, life's not easy.
Hope things turn around for you soon. 🙏 It's a safe bet to say things are pretty crazy everywhere, or so it seems.

Anyway, staying Brave ✌

(y):D

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Hi, thanks for letting me know. There's still work to be done then. I can't even test anything since my laptop got stolen 😑 I have an old desktop but turns out the monitor is dead. I'm gonna buy a new laptop within 2 months hopefully but then again the one that I want to buy is slightly out of my budget. Things are not stable in personal life either. Aggghhh, life's not easy.
Anyway, staying Brave ✌
Sorry to hear that. Stay strong friend. These are trying times. My desired PC is always out of my budget too.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Its working fine with me:

1598455047999.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.