New Update Brave Wallet adds crypto off-ramp

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Starting today, Brave Wallet users in select countries will see a new option to sell crypto into fiat currencies, including US dollars, euros, and pound sterling.

In May 2022, Brave announced a partnership with Ramp that enabled Brave Wallet users to buy crypto with fiat currency—or “on-ramp”—in Brave Wallet, the Web3 wallet natively-integrated into the Brave browser.

This week, with v1.49 of the desktop browser, we’re delighted to announce the expansion of that partnership: Brave Wallet users can now sell crypto for fiat—or “off-ramp”—with Ramp as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Today we’re happy to announce a new partnership with Transak, whose developer integration toolkit will enable the purchase of crypto assets directly within Brave Wallet. Transak offers Brave Wallet users access to over 50 new tokens across Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon, Optimism, and Arbitrum—giving self-custodial wallet users more options to buy and deposit their preferred tokens.

“We’re excited to be integrating Transak to Brave Wallet to give our users more choice in what crypto they buy and how they choose to buy it,” said Brian Bondy, co-founder and CTO at Brave.

For a full list of payment options by region, see Transak’s documentation, and for a guide on how to buy crypto with Brave Wallet, check out Brave’s support center.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
The sponsored, no track ad option for users was fine but the inclusion of crypto ruined what could have been a great browser. All of that code means more maintenance and more vulnerabilities. Very sad.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Tried Brave Browser, but under settings almost everything is gone. Can someone tell me if there is a bug in the program I downloaded now, or if there is a clever way to fix this :unsure:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Tried Brave Browser, but under settings almost everything is gone. Can someone tell me if there is a bug in the program I downloaded now, or if there is a clever way to fix this :unsure:
Can you post a screenshot and give more details about what's wrong or missing?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.