Brazilian friends: Is Kaspersky cheaper?

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
It`s been some months I didnt visit kaspersky website, today i visit it and saw those prices:

1656271935286.png

Even Kaspersky Security Cloud (Personal and Family) is cheaper. Russian problem maybe? Anyone knows anything about it? Is it worldwide?

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Reactions: Faybert

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I noticed it some days ago while looking for the newer versions (still not released in Brazil), it is even cheaper in Kabum and it seems that it is discounted in other countries too like Canada.

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/170032/kaspersky-anti-virus-1-usuario-1-ano-digital-para-download (R$ 15)
Computer Security Software for Home Users (2022) | Kaspersky (70 % off)
Per Kaspersky policy you have 3 years to activate the key after purchase.

I had also seen this offer from Kabum a while ago, you just have to note that the version there is from 2020, if you buy it you have a few more months to activate the key.

From the official website, the 3 years to activate starts after purchase.

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, prices have dropped across the board. You would usually find prices like that during sales, but the usual price for one year of KIS used to be in the R$70~80 range.

I don't have a clue as to why, though. Maybe we are reaping the benefits of Brazil's friendship with Russia? They sort of need to keep sales high to make up for the lost markets in Europe and the US, although I believe nothing significant has changed on that regard since at least the US was already anti-kaspersky for quite some years.

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
I have also noticed there are KIS licenses for €9 .
I agree with @harlan4096 KTS is a product that has little commercial life left since it will be replaced. What I still don't understand is why if I have a KTS license I can't use it for Kaspersky Standard?
since you can't upgrade from KTS to kaspersky plus

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I have also noticed there are KIS licenses for €9 .
I agree with @harlan4096 KTS is a product that has little commercial life left since it will be replaced. What I still don't understand is why if I have a KTS license I can't use it for Kaspersky Standard?
since you can't upgrade from KTS to kaspersky plus
I contacted Kaspersky support here in Brazil and they told me that by purchasing the "old"/current version here in Brazil, the key will be valid for the new versions of Kaspersky, that is, it will be updated normally.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I contacted Kaspersky support here in Brazil and they told me that by purchasing the "old"/current version here in Brazil, the key will be valid for the new versions of Kaspersky, that is, it will be updated normally.
It would be a legal problem if they don't.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.