User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
AVG paid.
Firewall security
About custom security
syshardener,
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, hitman pro free. Zemana portable free.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
chrome
https everywhere, last pass, nano defender, netcraft, privacy manager, random user-agent, ublock origin, windows browser protection,
Maintenance tools
ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE, driver booster,
File and Photo backup
MACRIUM REFLECT ON AN EXTERNAL hard drive,
System recovery
macrium reflect
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
lenovo desktop 500ish, i5 6400, intel integrated, 8gb, 1 tb,

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Brie:

Which version of AVG, Free or paid?

In Data BackUp, You may also run manual backups of important data to cloud services.

In Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions... uBlock Origian + Nano AdBlocker? why??? :eek: also so many browsers extensions => overkill...

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Browsers and Extensions:
  • Emsisoft Browser Security vs Bitdefender TrafficLight: You don't need both extensions. Bitdefender's is more effective while Emsisoft's is more privacy conscious. Choose which one you prefer. Since you are on Chrome, Windows Defender Browser Protection is also an option to consider that is equally as effective compared to TrafficLight.
  • Nano Adblocker vs Nano Defender vs uBlock Origin: Choose between Nano Adblocker or uBlock Origin. I would lean towards uBlock Origin but the decision is yours. Nano Defender is an anti-adblock defuser that can be paired with either Nano Adblocker or uBlock Origin.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Maybe i'm wrong, but Nano adblocker is based on UBlock Origin? Well, i'm using SmartAdBlock, the memory usage is very little, compared to other adblockers. Its good adblocker for basic surfing and especially for computers with low memory. I also use good 'n old Disable HTML5 Autoplay for Chrome, which works really good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.