Bring back text-only signatures?

• Total voters

plat1098

Level 10
Verified
Voted "couldn't care less" but that means: whatever way the wind blows is A-OK with me.

The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, yet implores you to "never forget." It's been up like that at least a few days now. I took a snip but I'd rather the message kind of meander and wander to that person's attention in an profoundly indirect and 10th hand way.

Yeah.

oldschool

Level 37
Verified
Voted "couldn't care less" but that means: whatever way the wind blows is A-OK with me.

The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, yet implores you to "never forget." It's been up like that at least a few days now. I took a snip but I'd rather the message kind of meander and wander to that person's attention in an profoundly indirect and 10th hand way.

Yeah.
You have a point. And there are cases where it's misused or somehow inappropriate, depending on the eye of the beholder.

Burrito

Level 21
Verified
The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, ...
I just saw that tonight..... over at Oldschool's forum.

Yes, an unfortunate error.