Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Bring back text-only signatures :)

We know horrible huge pictures as signatures ruin threads and make it large. But text-only signatures, with a characters limit, would be nice. Signing your posts with a nice phrase or motto was always great and cool!

Please consider. :giggle:

Before downvoting, dare say no to this little @upnorth

1571684104040.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
My " about " picture signature. :emoji_v::coffee:
hBKpwOi6_o.jpg

The idea might actually work, unless it's used to spam/troll rude crap about some poor vendors etc. Moderation approval, also for changes perhaps?

Btw, only allowed for trusted members. :p:ROFLMAO:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Btw, only allowed for trusted members. :p:ROFLMAO:
I want only one rule, more the tag person has lesser the maximum word limit. Cause you know less space, we don't wanna make it too messy :p
BTW I just noticed that security configs are attched right next to the tags, why I never saw it? I always used to search for my thread.:X3:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Voted "couldn't care less" but that means: whatever way the wind blows is A-OK with me.

The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, yet implores you to "never forget." It's been up like that at least a few days now. I took a snip but I'd rather the message kind of meander and wander to that person's attention in an profoundly indirect and 10th hand way.

Yeah.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Voted "couldn't care less" but that means: whatever way the wind blows is A-OK with me.

The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, yet implores you to "never forget." It's been up like that at least a few days now. I took a snip but I'd rather the message kind of meander and wander to that person's attention in an profoundly indirect and 10th hand way.

Yeah.

You have a point. And there are cases where it's misused or somehow inappropriate, depending on the eye of the beholder.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The thing is, it can work against you if you're not proofing what you're posting. I'll give an example: There's a signature in another very new and nice forum flaunting 9-11, a deeply moving historic occurrence for many, myself included. The year is incorrectly stated as 2011, ...

I just saw that tonight..... over at Oldschool's forum.

Yes, an unfortunate error.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.