Brower Managed by Organization + Bing redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexikon

Thread author
Oct 5, 2023
Hello! I've got some sort of browser hijacker on my computer. At first, I wasn't really bothered by it rerouting my Google browser to Bing until I discovered a few hours ago it had also added an extension. I followed this guide here: How To Fix "Managed By Your Organization" Malware [Guide], but still no luck. I've made it to the Farbar Recovery Tool and scanned everything, but I'm afraid that running someone else's fix list will screw with my computer.

The extension is called "PelecanusOccidentalis", and the ID is: ciaopknmenjdjkjjeinccmmmjicfofjj

Let me know if there's any additional information that needs to be provided. Thank you for your time! I'll upload my FRT files down below:

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    48.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 2

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: lexikon

lexikon

Thread author
Oct 5, 2023
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.
Hello, so sorry to bother again. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience but now it seems as if my Farbar Recovery Tool is unresponsive ever since it updated. I've redownloaded the client several times and I'm not sure what the problem is. Could it be my antivirus?

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
i,

Yes it could be your antivirus.

Norton may have blocked it. Check your Security history list. If you see the Farbar has been blocked change the setting to allow t

Reactions: lexikon

lexikon

Thread author
Oct 5, 2023
i,

Yes it could be your antivirus.

Norton may have blocked it. Check your Security history list. If you see the Farbar has been blocked change the setting to allow t
This worked! Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.