Browse the web in Isolation Mode with Norton Safe Search/Norton Safe Web 2.10.0.21 extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Browse the web in Isolation Mode with Norton Safe Search/Norton Safe Web 2.10.0.21 extensions

We have released the extension update for Norton Safe Search and Norton Safe Web v2.10.0.21 with web Isolation Mode feature for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers ONLY.

Note: Web Isolation Mode feature will be offered to other supported browsers soon.

What is web Isolation Mode?

Isolation Mode offers protection from unsafe hyperlinks when you access them in your web browsers. It also prevents users from submitting sensitive information to unknown and malicious website by displaying the pages in read-only mode. This technique ensures that unsafe hyperlinks present in webpages are isolated so that no malicious content obtains your personal information. The isolation mode prevents attackers from exploiting browser vulnerabilities to deliver malware to your endpoint. It also stops malware from reaching its targets and prevents phishing attacks by isolating suspicious URL links.

How to enable web Isolation Mode?

Isolation Mode is installed as part of the Norton browser extensions and is not enabled by default. The feature is enabled when you click on the suspicious hyperlink and you receive a Continue in Isolation Mode notification. Click Continue to open the browser window in isolation mode. If you are going to use Isolation Mode for the first time, a prompt is shown to sign in with your Norton account.

*The Continue Without Isolation Mode option lets you open the suspicious hyperlink in the normal browser window, but it is not recommended.

Blocked%20Page_0.JPG
Web%20isolation%20prompt_0.JPG
Web%20isolation.JPG

How does web Isolation work?

When you open a webpage in web isolation mode, the original content present in the unsafe hyperlink is converted and displayed in a read-only format. The visual conversion is seamless and it does not impede with your browsing activities.

*In the Isolation Mode, you are prevented from entering any data on the webpage, thereby protecting you from any phishing attacks.

Please refer Norton Support article : Browse the web in Isolation Mode

Source: Browse the web in Isolation Mode with Norton Safe Search/Norton Safe Web 2.10.0.21 extensions

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Brave Browser has isolation mode built in it is called Strict Site Isolation the only draw back is that if you use a password manager like Last Pass it will not run correctly when you open multiple sites.

I wonder if Norton's has this same problem?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To use these Features you need a Norton account, but I cannot find any information as to why.

My last experience with Norton Support they refused my account termination request.

Reactions: Al-Faqir

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Um, I have Norton Safe Web extension on Chrome. I get red page block .. but, do not get Isolation dialog when I click "Continue to the site".
Um, what "suspicions hyperlink" do I have to click? as mentioned here:
Browse the web in Isolation Mode

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Reactions: harlan4096

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
You dont need to be customer of them to use the extension.
Chrome extension is being hidden in store, but available throught link
Edge is available and not ' stealthed'
Yeah, I have Safe Web 2.11.0.23 extension installed on Chrome.....just not seeing "new features"...."Before You Visit This Site" dialog. Thanks

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Yeah, I have Safe Web 2.11.0.23 extension installed on Chrome.....just not seeing "new features"...."Before You Visit This Site" dialog. Thanks
Avast extension is probably much better than norton when using edge, also forticlient will work well with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.