Browser (chrome problem?) opens ad tab randomly

zghenzi

Thread author
Jul 4, 2018
Hello,

Sometime ago I started having a chrome tab open randomly with a random generated ad tab. Even when chrome isn't running it opens one tab up, so I tried searching for malware problems and noticed that if I searched "malware" or "adware" words, chrome would turn off automatically.

I've managed to install Malwarebytes and Spybot, entered Safe Mode and performed a scan, which removed the malware that was affecting the search words and having a svchost process to take like 50% of CPU usage, but the tab opening randomly continued.

Malwarebytes and Spybot won't detect anything - I've runned CCleaner to clean up the disk and registry but the problem persists.

I tried uninstalling Chrome too and when I've done it, Malwarebytes pop-up with a "Blocked site" warning. This are all the leads I have to the problem, hope you guys can help me with it:

Blocked Site #1:

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain: a616.enigma.safecart.com
IP Address: 192.230.82.38
Port: [51237]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Blocked Site #2:

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain: newtab-media.com
IP Address: 108.59.81.209
Port: [50207]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Thanks.

Attachments

• malwarebytes log 1.txt
    705 bytes · Views: 14
  • malwarebytes log 2.txt
    697 bytes · Views: 14
  • Addition.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 14
  • FRST.txt
    163.4 KB · Views: 14

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.