Browser hijack adware (safesurfs.net) have used multiple tools but some still remain

Waka

New Member
Hi after downloading a free program I found that I had browser hijack adware.

Using chrome I have started getting page redirects (some of whom malwarebytes blocks) and popups in the right hand side of web pages intermittently. I also had a second search toolbar that would appear as I was typing and take focus searching via that instead of my address bar, This was removed by "adware removal tool".

I have removed most of the problem programs using the various methods listed above but still cannot remove the page redirect and pop ups I receive in the bottom right occasionally.

I don't seem to have any problems outside of my browser. There are no extensions listed aside from adblocker (that I use) and google docs/slide etc. I have reset my browser using the advanced settings in the chrome settings menu but they still persist.

I have run the scan tool as requested and have attached the 2 files.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Daniel
 

Attachments

Hello,


Please re-run
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the newest Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
 
Hi thanks,

I've added the scan log, but this one wasn't the full one I did yesterday it's just a quick scheduled scan it seems, shall I upload yesterday's 8hr+ scan log?

Daniel
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top