browser security extensions

what is the best browser security extensions ??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

youssef

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 8, 2014
Hi , Does WOTcan block malicious site or give rating only ?? what is the best browser security extensions between ( mcafee siteadvisor,norton safe web,avast! Online Security,bitdefender trafficlight) and does they daily updated ??

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Don't know about Wot but Bitdefender trafficlight blocks malicious & phishing sites if it's in bitdefender database. You can use Safe Preview addon to check links, it scans with McAfee, Norton, Wot, Avast online, Trustwave securebrowsing & Dr.Web. And there is NO SUCH ADDONS who can block completely malicious site. It depends on ur mouse click.

Last edited:

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Bitdefender Trafficlight. Works great. As of yet, I haven't been led to any infected site. Trafficlight blocked each and every link that looked suspicious.
Note: I don't visit a lot of unknown sites.

Like Karoke San said, it mostly depends on your mouse click. But anyways, Trafficlight works great. More than enough for normal users.

Don't know about WOT. Don't use that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None of the above. I have better hopes in another browser extension, that's currently in public beta.

Reactions: youssef

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
I guess if i had to choose between one of those it would be Bitdefender Trafficlight.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi , Does WOT can block malicious site or give rating only ??
I've used WOT, and no it does not block sites, and it only gives user rating & opinions. It does however mark site hits after you've done a search, so when you either see a site listed beside red (bad) circle rating or a new site comes up with no ratings posted yet you can choose more wisely (similarly to UAC warnings) and just not <click>. If you already use NoScript you can click on a blocked site while *holding down shift* to view 5 different site rating links including McAffey SiteAdvisor & WOT first which refer to the site in question.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.