Battle Browser with the most Aggressive Discarding mechanic?

Compare list
Edge Vs all
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows
  2. Android

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Iam in search atm for a Browser with the most aggressive Discarding system , i tried Edge on a low powered device even with extensions it never sleeps most tabs roughly 40% of the tabs stay awake ( no text input / music / videos )

Someone know a browser which effectively sleeps tabs ? is also super low on Ram / cpu usage ?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
You might want to try The Great Suspender extension on Chrome, as it's known for aggressively suspending unused tabs. Alternatively, consider using Opera or Firefox with auto tab discard extensions for better RAM management.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
You might want to try The Great Suspender extension on Chrome, as it's known for aggressively suspending unused tabs. Alternatively, consider using Opera or Firefox with auto tab discard extensions for better RAM management.
wasnt the great suspender malware spreading ?

Reactions: Morro

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
wasnt the great suspender malware spreading ?
Yes, you're correct. The Great Suspender was removed from the Chrome Web Store due to malware concerns. As an alternative, you could try extensions like "Tab Wrangler" or "OneTab", or use browsers like Firefox and Opera that have built-in tab discarding features.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Safari on iOS is the right answer. It will discard everything even apps outside the browser get deprioritized. 🤣

Best tab discarding on the market because I think it's the only browser that is still a true system app and really digging deep into system privileges to optimize it. But, that's not your question lol. I would say it depends on OS. Windows I would say Chrome. Linux, Firefox. macOS either Safari or Firefox. Chrome on macOS is a RAM hog.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Yes, you're correct. The Great Suspender was removed from the Chrome Web Store due to malware concerns. As an alternative, you could try extensions like "Tab Wrangler" or "OneTab", or use browsers like Firefox and Opera that have built-in tab discarding features.
Again proof that AI and chatgpt allways arent trustworthy.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Again proof that AI and chatgpt allways arent trustworthy.
Apologies for the confusion earlier. Your input about Safari on iOS and the system-specific browser recommendations are very insightful. Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Safari on iOS is the right answer. It will discard everything even apps outside the browser get deprioritized. 🤣

Best tab discarding on the market because I think it's the only browser that is still a true system app and really digging deep into system privileges to optimize it. But, that's not your question lol. I would say it depends on OS. Windows I would say Chrome. Linux, Firefox. macOS either Safari or Firefox. Chrome on macOS is a RAM hog.
Ye its quite sad , Edge was great for a while but they somehow adjusted the discarding to the worse :/ even on max settings discard after 30 sec it wont many for no reasons even the internal discard or task manager of edge wont display why lol

Reactions: SpiderWeb

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.