Advice Request Browsing Protection by F-Secure blocked by Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
2022-03-25-07-23-07.jpg

If one scroll down, all services are green and " Operational " and I tested the Safe Search feature with all mentioned search engines and that seems to work. Also tested a few well known sites that should be blocked and their display message. I can confirm that with some sites one will still get an error message the same F-Secure reports about, so I would say this issue is not 100% solved just yet, but at the same time I don't think there is any problem to use Firefox again.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
With the latest update of the extension all of the functionalities are available, with a minor limitation that the block pages are not displayed correctly. Instead Firefox will display an error that Secure Connection Failed. This does not affect the security of the computer.

We are working on restoring full functionality in Mozilla Firefox.
Mar 29, 11:04 EEST
The latest version number for the extension in FF is " 4.1.13 " and was updated yesterday 28/3.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I still cannot install the F-Secure Browsing Protection addon in Firefox. Has F-Secure given up trying to solve the problem?
Normally users been able to solve this issue with either a simple update on the extension or re-install the extension, but in your case you can try manual install it with this link:

If that don't help it's recommended to reach out to the official support.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.