Sep 5, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
1. Cannot boot the windows
2. Cannot get access to the data stored in the SSD
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
the steps taken mentioned as below
This problem face my friend as mentioned from his quote below:
Here is a short description of the problem:
Laptop is Lenovo P51, as the attached pic, it won’t start or boot at all!
History of this issue: while working on it, I got the blue screen “
:(
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and the you can restart.”
It was not changing the 0% for a while, so I forced shutdown from the power button. When it opened again, it was the boot manager as the picture.
What we tried: removed the hard disk from this laptop and connected to another similar laptop but no use, also the same boot screen came. Trials were (replacing the other laptop’s hard disk with this one, and another trial was connecting both and this one as a slave)
What we need: any way to recover the data only, no interested in fixing the hard disk itself, just anyway to read and copy the old files.
harddesk problem.jpeg

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
please read this Update - Hiren’s BootCD PE [June 2018] he needs a flash drive at least 2gb or so and a external hdd for backup data or flash drive if that data is not too big, boot to hirens via USB then go ''This PC'' then C:/(hirens OS i think) D:/ E:/ etc they are your friend's data
Yes I advised he to use hiren boot cd before as I used it before but not in that case really excellent tool before posting this post.

Reactions: CyberTech
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.