[Bug] Chrome & Firefox privacy leakage: search term is sent to ISP without user's consent

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Acrylic is preconfigured only to use google dns, you need to edit AcrylicConfiguration.ini to use other dns servers. But Yoga dns provides prebuilt support for most DOH providers in default mode. You can even configure Yoga to create a pool of DOH providers and randomely sent your queries to seperate DOH providers to prvent any kind of dns profiling.

Reactions: Jan Willy

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Unfortunately, yes, because the router is provided and maintained by the building where I live.

That makes sense. I think the title is misleading though. If your network wide DNS isn’t from your ISP I would think that’s where the query would go. But, maybe it’s accurate since most people use default settings from ISPs. Or maybe the browser gets around this somehow.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.