Advice Request Bug or future trend ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Is it just me or did I somehow miss it... did the developers at Brave (beta version ) merge the Brave Shields button with Brave Rewards? Because I found that I no longer had the Brave Shields button and after many searches when activating Brave Rewards the Shields button appeared...and when deactivating it both disappear...It seems to me a step in the wrong direction made by them with the obligation to keep both buttons leaving you no choice between them.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Nope, here on my Brave (Version 1.36.122), I can keep enabled Brave Shields and just disable Brave Rewards, works as usual👍 You may trying to reset your user profile on Brave.

#1.png
#2.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
On stable release I don't think it is on for the moment. I have beta version (is mentioned in post) on 2 desktop, work and home and in both i have this feature/bug.
Beta version is 1.38.67

I see now, before fully overlooked you are speaking about Brave beta version only, I'm sorry for missing that!

Anyway, I tried Brave beta on my laptop. Confirmed here it's same like you describe, impossible to disable icon of Brave Rewards👎and keep Brave Shield icon enabled.
Really bad move from Brave developers, let's hope for enough users complaining about that ;)

#4.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Just a small note: I tried new (stable) version of Brave 1.37.109

There it's still possible to hide Brave Rewards and keep icon of Brave Shields, but we will see what happens in upcoming releases...

#3.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.