Bugs, Frustrating issues, signs of being virused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Hello.
I created another thread some time ago but I need help again because I cant live with my bugs on devices and there is a virus somewhere 100%.
It is impossible to buy devices with good specs and running like that.

I cant fast type on devices , characters are showing very slowly, recently I dont have cursor in my game if I play a match or two and I have to close the application, scroll is slow on phone and after 5 minutes of continuously scrolling words are glitching and characters look as if they are doubled and are showing in frames.
In games every 2-4 minutes if I drift for 0.5 seconds and I stop after that, the car is still drifting for another 2-3 seconds. My car is moving for 0.5 sec to the left or right from time to time too.
I have RTX 2070s and ryzen 3600 + SSD and browsing is impossible. For example if I want to minimize a window it feels very slow.
Activate windows watermark is flickering every 2 seconds and the letters are sometimes bold sometimes normal.
I cant remember every bug but there are a lot. Not only with my games but every application I try to run has sometimes bugs.

I tried to scan with malwarebytes, kaspersky , bitdefender and other antimalware apps. Recently I turned off sync on google chrome on my account.
I have kaspersky subscription at this moment.
I scanned with FRST64.
On task manager I dont think I have strange tasks. I took a look but I dont have something with big usage on something.

If I had only one device slow then I could say that im not infected but when I bought another devices and they became slow there is a question mark.
If my email was infected then I shouldnt have my pc running slow I think so I have something harmful in my router or devices or something in the cloud.

Im not very good at things like that. (cybersecurity)

I want to tell another thing : I bought an Oled, I connected it to my wifi, I used for 2-3 days and I tried in the last day to go to Netflix, log in and after I closed the application and the image on TV channels was at 5 fps or something until I turned off the TV and open again so I refunded.
Maybe this is important too.
It can be a bug of TV, of that model but it can be a virus on the internet too maybe?
Model of TV was LG BX.

I hope I can fix my problem because it is very frustrating. Im getting headache every day haha.

Thanks a lot! Have a nice day.

Reactions: Nevi

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Let's see what we can find.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Ensure that you are in an Administrator Account
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Check the boxes as seen here:
L7kNU5y.jpg

Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
[img=[URL]http://deeprybka.trojaner-board.de/eset/eng/attachlogs.png[/URL]]

Attach the file(s). A 2 Steps process.
Reply to this topic.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach. <- Step 1.
Click Attach this file. <- Step 2.
Click the Add reply button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
The Farbar program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
You should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

Reactions: Nevi and upnorth

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Let's see what we can find.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Ensure that you are in an Administrator Account
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Check the boxes as seen here:
L7kNU5y.jpg

Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
[img=[URL]http://deeprybka.trojaner-board.de/eset/eng/attachlogs.png[/URL]]

Attach the file(s). A 2 Steps process.
Reply to this topic.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach. <- Step 1.
Click Attach this file. <- Step 2.
Click the Add reply button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
The Farbar program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
You should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 5

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

No malware was found in your logs.

Let's do some maintenance.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    450 bytes · Views: 8

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
What this fix did?
I want to tell you that after few months after I bought the pc and accesed the website (I accesed the site 1-3 months after I bought the pc) I started receiving in one day a message before opening the windows with corupt drive or something and I couldnt open the windows until I have succeeded into reinstalling the windows again.

Now after I pressed fix button, the pc restarted and I got same msg : scanning and repairing drive C after not receiving anymore recently.

Is this alright? I mean the log indicates something bad or good, corupt files etc?

I dont know exactly if I have something harmful but I want to try almost every step I could do without virusing my pc.

Thank you!

Edit : My pc is very fast right now after I tried this fix. It was never so fast and responsive. I need to test for 2-4 days to know that is not a coincidence.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    22 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and struppigel

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
I will keep this topic open for 6 days.
'Take your time.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
In Day 2 the pc is very fast.
This fix resolved only the problem with my SSD or other problems too? Harmful software etc. (But you said no malwares were detected).

Should I continue to search for harmful software?
Do you have fixes or things I can try to make my iPhone fast? It was never been fast since I bought (4-5 months ago). When I tried to configure at a friend home so not on my wifi the phone wasnt responsive. The touch didnt take my fingers touches. I needed to touch the screen 3-4 times until he got the touch.
Do you think my phone is slow because they delivered me a bad phone? I bought it from biggest retailer in my country but he was sold by other website via that retailer and I didnt buy anything like that before (from that retailer).
It is a unknown company which delivered me the phone but I made the payment and order from that retailer.

Do you think I should send my phone to warranty or it has something internal? Harmful software?
Scroll is slow, more pronounced after 5-7 minutes of continously scrolling, touch isnt responsive even if I press the right spot on the screen for Ok, send. (Very small buttons on the edge of the screen). I have to touch that part of the screen for 3-4 times to get my intention.
If I chat on steam app for example I have delay on letters and I have a problem similar to tearing on those characters which they appear after I press them.
And so on.

I hope you get the idea. I dont know what it is but something is sure. My pc is very fast right now. It is not placebo, its just the reality.
That delay on typing, it disappeared and everything is smooth. Even the game with cars it feels very smooth right now.
I played some matches and I didnt get that weird thing about random drifting or the car to go to the left or right every 10-15 mins for 2-3 seconds. (But maybe its not because the fix I dont know exactly).

The sync on google chrome I have to let it turned off?
There is something I can change on chrome to get rid of being virused on the browser if I am?
Something that I should change about my emails, accounts etc? I have multiple emails and accounts. I just created the emails for smurfing.
I just dont know why I started receiving bad emails from accounts which I have. Ubisoft, yahoo and others that informed me about connections from Pakistan, India and different countries than my.

Thank you again! I am happy right now that atleast I made something related to my Pc performance even if I didnt found anything with that scan.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

This is not my forte.
This is the Malware Forum.
To get advice on your iPhone I suggest you ask your questions in this forum.

===

Re Syncing and emails.

Syncing
You set it if you need to. Otherwise leave it OFF.

If the problem persists and Chrome is Synced with other Devices reset it.

Execute the suggested fix.

Restart the computer normally.
===========

Emails.

Check all hour Passwords and see if they have been compromised.

Compromised or not you should make sure that your passwords are STRONG.

How to Create a Strong Password (and Remember It)
----

If you have other issues with this computer please ask.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Ok, I will try the fix tomorrow.
I didnt know I shouldnt ask here for the phones.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Hi,

This is not my forte.
This is the Malware Forum.
To get advice on your iPhone I suggest you ask your questions in this forum.

===

Re Syncing and emails.

Syncing
You set it if you need to. Otherwise leave it OFF.

If the problem persists and Chrome is Synced with other Devices reset it.

Execute the suggested fix.

Restart the computer normally.
===========

Emails.

Check all hour Passwords and see if they have been compromised.

Compromised or not you should make sure that your passwords are STRONG.

How to Create a Strong Password (and Remember It)
----

If you have other issues with this computer please ask.
Can you explain how that pwned passwords work?
I have tested a password which I have on smurfs accounts and is super random with numbers at the end and it is used by 1 year maximum.
Passwords which I use for long time (many years) and I used on more than 10 accounts and that is not super random password and easy to guess it says it is not compromised.
But first password which I used on 4-6 smurf accounts it says that is compromised and was used 4 times before.
What does that mean? He was used 4 times.

It is a bit weird that password I used several times is not compromised and on which I got notification about connections on the account from different locations. (So I got hacked on the accounts with password that has no pwnage found.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,,

If you have issues with your Smurf Account you should take it with them.
I do not use or know that service.
===

(So I got hacked on the accounts with password that has no pwnage found.

When and how passwords are added to the list in unknow to me.
It's just a service that I suggest.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Should I try to see whats going on in task manager?
Or check Ip Adresses with netstat command?
Is that a posiblity to find the hacker if it is someone?

And one more thing.
Do you think if I was hacked (which I was) and I got notifications from yahoo and other services in april-july 2020 the hacker will be continue trying to connect to my accounts now in June 2021-December 2021?
If an attacker could try to connect in 2020 to accounts he will continue doing that from time to time?

Because I think I didnt receive notification for a long time and im not sure if this mean im not hacked anymore or just simply the hacker didnt try to connect anymore.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

If you did not get notified since 2020 you should forget about it.

I do not think your computer was hacked.
The hackers try to use name and passwords found on the web and try to connect.
You were informed by Yahoo that an attempt was made. It was not successful.
That is good.

Stay safe and do not answer any messages from which you have not idea who the sender is.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
I think they were successful because on Yahoo I had other devices connected. (But sometimes if I connected to the account from another browser it appeared that I was connected from different country).
And not only with Yahoo. Somehow the address is not coresponding with my IP location.
Sometimes I know that I was the one who tried to connect to the account but on the email I got a different location than my.
But another time I shut down my pc, I went to sleep and on Yahoo somebody tried to connect at 2-4 AM to my account. I dont know if it was successful or not but that time it wasnt me.

I will try to not respond to messages or to click on links but it is hard.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Yahoo somebody tried to connect at 2-4 AM to my account. I dont know if it was successful or not but that time it wasnt me.

They tried to connect that is all.
It they had been successful you would have issues with Yahoo!

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Ok. I hope so.
My pc opens windows from time to time for example when I play a game, a window from microsoft xbox (i think) appears on the screen and I have to press escape to close it.
Is it normal? Just a bug?
Some things that I cannot explain that happens on my pc I associate them with having a harmful software. (But I tried to search for them and I couldnt found anything)
And as I said I dont have problems only with my pc. Every device in my home is running weird from time to time.

I dont know what is the explanation.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Let reset some services.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 2

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Yes. Sorry if I open the website a little late.
I will try the fix.
After I opened the FRST64 a folder was created with the name FRST - OlderVersion.

Today when I played a game , the game was minimized and again it opened the search bar with afterburner as a search.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    94.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

I may have found the solution.

MSI Afterburner is the most used graphics card software

Navigate to this page and follow the instructions.

How to get MSI AfterBurner's icon to ALWAYS appear on the Notification area at boot

Any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.