bujdos2011's config

bujdos2011

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I can't edit the config because it always shows that Oops, something went wrong.
So I wrote down my security config manually.

I use Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.
I use Microsoft Security Essentials as virus scanner.
I use Google Chrome and Firefox browser without extension or adblocker.
I don't use third party backup software.

In the last 15 years I re-install Windows every month.
Nowadays I do it only once or twice a year. :)

Last edited:

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Nice config!
If you're using Comodo's sandbox, I wouldn't recommend anything than an adblocker maybe for Chrome.
Reading MT will convince you that the best security programs is Common Sense, so nothing more to add!

Reactions: silversurfer

bujdos2011

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I don't use sandbox. I tried it only a few times. But I use virustotal.com regularly.

Reactions: Oxygen

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I don't use sandbox. I tried it only a few times. But I use virustotal.com regularly.
As I said above, I have nothing to add, really. If you don't like Comodo's sandbox, you could use Sandboxie.
You should isolate your browser somehow..

bujdos2011

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
It was in the 2000s. Windows 98SE,Me. Do I need to say more?
When I was a teenager I installed all kind of stuffs.
At that time with my old (budget version of Pentium 2) Celeron 466MHz with 64MB RAM, 14GB Quantom HDD could be slow down very easily.
So I hit Format C:, then inserted a start up floppy disk, then a CD, and after a 1 hour later I had got a brand new system.
I also did it in the Windows XP era but not that often, maybe every 3-4 months.
I don't really like registry cleaners, instead I try to install only those programs that I really need to.
Although this not really a registry cleaner but similar to that, I would really happy if in the near future I could win a Revo Uninstaller Pro.
It's a good software but I think it's very pricey even with sales.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It was in the 2000s. Windows 98SE,Me. Do I need to say more?
When I was a teenager I installed all kind of stuffs.
At that time with my old (budget version of Pentium 2) Celeron 466MHz with 64MB RAM, 14GB Quantom HDD could be slow down very easily.
So I hit Format C:, then inserted a start up floppy disk, then a CD, and after a 1 hour later I had got a brand new system.
I also did it in the Windows XP era but not that often, maybe every 3-4 months.
I don't really like registry cleaners, instead I try to install only those programs that I really need to.
Although this not really a registry cleaner but similar to that, I would really happy if in the near future I could win a Revo Uninstaller Pro.
It's a good software but I think it's very pricey even with sales.

That's good a point point. Also, Revo Uninstaller have a free version if you want to try it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Revo Free/Portable only supports 32-bit programs, the paid (Pro) version supports 64-bit programs.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Revo Free/Portable only supports 32-bit programs, the paid (Pro) version supports 64-bit programs.

I know but its going to be at least something if he wants to give it a try to see if he's going to like it or not. I know a lot of people here don't use Revo but other uninstallers, he just have to find his I guess.

14troy14

Level 1
May 12, 2011
No backup software ? I suggest you Paragon Backup & Recovery 2014 Free Edition. It's completely free !
No extensions for chrome ? You should definitely consider using some of these suggestions :
- AdBlock Plus
- Adguard Adblocker
- Disconnect
- Ghostery
- HTTPS Everywhere
To further secure your computer, you should scan it with HitmanPro once a month or even more often. Also, installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware would be good, as you need to pay for HitmanPro to remove malwares or traces, and it's free too. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.